migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cleaning Tree Sap

3 posters

Go down

Cleaning Tree Sap Empty Cleaning Tree Sap

Post  HeelerLady Wed May 19, 2010 1:26 pm

I walked the 3 amigos this morning and went under a low hanging evergreen limb. Thought it was water at first until I realized it never "dried". The tree must have been leaking sap.

Anyone know how to get it out of clothes? I know it's either turpentine or kerosene to get it out of your hair (had that happen in the past) but am a little leery of putting it on my clothes.

Any ideas?
HeelerLady
HeelerLady

Back to top Go down

Cleaning Tree Sap Empty Re: Cleaning Tree Sap

Post  CluelessKitty Wed May 19, 2010 8:05 pm

The sap it's resin, basically, so something greasy such as oil may help but then oil also may leave nasty spots hard to remove.

Nail polish particularly with acetone may work, but depending on the kind of fabric is best to test on inconspicuous area first.

I hope you'll get the sap off.

Risa
CluelessKitty
CluelessKitty

Back to top Go down

Post  Brent Wed May 19, 2010 8:21 pm

I have good results using the citrus and pumice soaps made for mechanics. Between my woodworking hobby and cutting and splitting firewood I get my share of that stuff on me.

Fast Orange is the one I use. I have a one gallon pump dispenser of it next to the sink. Not a day goes by that I don't end up slimming myself with something obnoxious out of one of my shops.
Brent
Brent

Back to top Go down

Post  HeelerLady Thu May 20, 2010 6:44 am

Thank you! I knew we had some outdoorsy types around and perhaps someone knew. The last time it happened I got it in my hair - big old matted ball of it. Ugh. My uncle knew the remedy as it used to happen to them as kids and he remembered what my grandma used, but he's not good with clothes.

I'll pick some up as I'm sure it won't be the last time...or see if my brother has some. He's been tearing his pick-up apart and his motorcycles and may have some. Smile
HeelerLady
HeelerLady

Back to top Go down

Post  Brent Thu May 20, 2010 9:03 am

Even with a citrus pumice soap it will take a bit elbow grease. And most of the knock off brands do not work as good as the name brand I have found.
Brent
Brent

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down