migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

trouble walking or moving with migraine

5 posters

Go down

trouble walking or moving with migraine Empty trouble walking or moving with migraine

Post  sailingmuffin Sat May 08, 2010 7:02 am

Hi All,

The migraines have been horriffic since the stimulator broke a few weeks ago, but last night something weird happened. I was in the kitchen walking from there to the couch and it was like I completely forgot how to walk. I could do it, I just had to think very hard and have some help getting to the couch. t was very weird though. It really felt like I had forgotten how to walk. I thought about getting in touch with the neuro, but as they don't take call and would have told me to go to the ER. I decided to give it a little while and see if it went away.
It did after about an hour. Fortunately, my boyfriend Craig was with me and basically just held me and listened. It finally went away about 45 minutes later.

It was just awfully scary and weird. I do remember my father telling me that he couldn't feel or move part of his body during his first migraine. He said that he was really sure he had polio (this was during the 195O's at the height of the polio epidemic}. Fortunately, my grandfather (also an MD} was able to tell him it was just a migraine. I remember Dad tellling me the story and so thought the two were connected.

Anyway, has this ever happened to anyone else. and what do you when it does.

Pain free days,
sailingm
sailingmuffin
sailingmuffin

Back to top Go down

trouble walking or moving with migraine Empty Re: trouble walking or moving with migraine

Post  tecky Sat May 08, 2010 7:16 am

It hasn't happened to me, sailingm, but I just wanted to send you my empathy, good thoughts and hugs. It seems like one thing after another, doesn't it? I'm keeping you in my prayers. I love you flower
tecky
tecky

Back to top Go down

trouble walking or moving with migraine Empty Re: trouble walking or moving with migraine

Post  AngelTree Sat May 08, 2010 10:47 am

Sailling,

When I was first diagnosed with complicated migraines, my primary told me that she once had a patient who ended up in the student clinic (this was in college and the other patient was in graduate school), who had the symptoms you have. So I guess it can be caused by migraine. I get really weird auras too (I've had times where the entire left side of my body was numb, while I was having trouble talking where I sort of curl up because there is nothing else to do). For me this is more disturbing that being in pain, which is really saying something.

How scary though. I'm having trouble coping right now when my symptoms scare me....I can present a brave face to the world most of the time, but when it even gets to me it sucks.

Take care,
Angel

AngelTree

Back to top Go down

Post  jwar Sat May 08, 2010 12:46 pm

I sometimes have trouble moving my arms - particularly lifting them up - during a migraine. It's like the pain is so overwhelming that I just can't get my arms to cooperate. I dunno, hard to explain.

Anyway, I feel you.
jwar
jwar

Back to top Go down

Post  Senna Sat May 08, 2010 2:48 pm

I am so sorry SM about your scary experience.
The only thing that comes to mind might be a hemiphlegic migraine?
I do not really know much about it except that last week when I went to see my neurologist (in Neuroscience Dept) there was a woman sitting next to me with her sister and she was saying that she gets a feeling like losing all feeling on one side of her body at times so she cannot move.

I thought I will mention this, but I have a feeling that what you experience is somewhat different, but it might be worth some considearion.

I often get something else: when I try to write something I look at what I have written, time and time again and completely loose my ability to spell it. No matter which way I write it looks totally wrong (even when it is actually correct). It is ridiculous since I have never had difficulty in spelling (typing yes, but my spelling was fine) and nowadays, at times I feel so stupid. I really feel I cannot write properly.

The surprises of this condition never end, do they?
I am glad this feeling has passed, let's hope it was one off.

Senna

Senna

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down