migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seeing the Neuro tomorrow

+5
AuntieBubbs
Cindy*W
rileyoday
30yrsofheadache
HeelerLady
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Seeing the Neuro tomorrow - Page 2 Empty diluting stadol

Post  AuntieBubbs Thu May 06, 2010 11:48 am

dailyha-rose wrote:
until AB mentioned about diluting stadol i never heard of that before.
rose

Rose, PM me if you want. I'll explain it how my nuero explained it to me. It's helped me tolerate the med alot, and, bonus, my scrip lasts longer.

Oh, before I forget. Not directed at Rose, just in general Smile Just "Bubbs" is fine - sometimes when I see "AB" I don't know who y'all mean. Very Happy Thanks!
AuntieBubbs
AuntieBubbs

Back to top Go down

Seeing the Neuro tomorrow - Page 2 Empty Re: Seeing the Neuro tomorrow

Post  Anna's Mom Thu May 06, 2010 12:06 pm

Becky, our neurosurgeon sees patients on Monday and Thursday. Unfortunately we can't see him afterward so we have to come back on May 20 talk to him.

But at least we'll get this neuro appointment done. It's really hard tell her story over and over again, but we have to do it again--in great detail! Eighty-eight medication trials so far.

Cheryl
Anna's Mom
Anna's Mom

Back to top Go down

Post  HeelerLady Thu May 06, 2010 12:10 pm

Bubbs,

Mine are the injectables and they come 2 to a package and he wrote it for 8. I think my case is limited by more what insurances are willing to pay for. Mine gets funny about Rx and won't always fill them if in "their" system it says you get x per month and the script is written for more. Then the pharmacy works with the doctor and the insurance to get what is wanted.

When I was taking Maxalt - it was 9 for me. Just an aside. But I found another migraineur that can use my leftovers as they do jack and squat for me. Someone else might as well get use of them especially since their insurance changed and they are going to start to cost an arm and a leg for them.
HeelerLady
HeelerLady

Back to top Go down

Post  AuntieBubbs Thu May 06, 2010 1:39 pm

Ah, well, then there goes that theory. Thanks alot. Razz LOL

Joking aside, it was probably just my nuero who had that idea based on what he prescribed. And come to think of it, he was pretty cracked.

Seriously though, I tried the injectible imitrex for a while. I liked it. I remember I didn't get too many at one time, too. It was a long time ago. And I had good insurance, so I don't remember the cost, I just paid a nice low copay.

I know what you mean - I wish, way back when the nueros had me trying all the various triptans, that instead of chucking them, I'd saved them, either for now, when I don't have insurance and could really use them, or to give to other people who are in the same boat I'm in and use the ones that don't work for me (like Maxalt). I found one of those lovely little foil packets with a Maxalt inside the other day when I was looking for something in my medicine cabinet and it was like finding buried treasure Very Happy 'Course, the Maxalt was like 2 years expired. Ugh. Feast or famine, you know? But I can't complain, I've been the recipient before when trips don't work for others and it's helped me tremendously. I'm always willing to help other people when I can too. It's better than just chucking it out.
AuntieBubbs
AuntieBubbs

Back to top Go down

Post  HeelerLady Thu May 06, 2010 5:23 pm

Cheryl,

Bit of a bummer that you have to make 2 trips this month but at least it will be over soon. Smile I know how it is...so many things tried and failed and the retelling gets old. Just wish you could ship them the book ahead of time so you aren't spending an hour just covering old ground.

Bubbs,

I just put all the failures in a bag in my kitchen. Just random that someone was needing them. Didn't know she got the M but her's are strictly hormonal - that time of the month only. Lucky her... Normally I wouldn't give meds to anyone else but I know how it is and I'm not using them. If you lived a bit closer you would have had dibs. Wink

On another note - met with the pain psychologist. Rather interesting working on self hypnosis. Not sure that it's going to do anything as I got some pretty intense pain during the session (which apparently isn't supposed to happen). Will play along as what have I got to lose...
HeelerLady
HeelerLady

Back to top Go down

Post  AuntieBubbs Fri May 07, 2010 4:04 pm

HL, no worries. I have dibs on my mom's tramadol - she gives it to me as it doesn't help her chronic neck pain but it helps my daily headaches. Smile It all works out in the end, doesn't it?

Bummer on the hypnosis and the pain Sad I hope you feel better soon. What's up with that? It's supposed to make you feel better!
AuntieBubbs
AuntieBubbs

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2