migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Feeling dumb

2 posters

Go down

Feeling dumb Empty Feeling dumb

Post  Paradox Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:04 am

Today I woke up with a terrible headache. Nothing new there.

I was tired and dragging, but the new kitty has decided to use my nose as a punching bag whenever I snore a little. New kitty is not declawed (new kitty is no longer sleeping with us).

I was achy, but with my back that has been the norm.

I was coughing some, but it was cold outside, and I'm a smoker...so no red flags.

I was at work in the stacks when I started feeling very hot. I've forgotten to change my hormone replacement patch a couple days ago, so no biggy, a hot flash.

Then my staff saw me. And felt me. I'm running a fever.

My staff send me home, citing my rules of if you have a fever you don't come to work.
I'm worried about tomorrow because we're already shorthanded due to the holidays. It's also my rule that you have to be fever free for 24 hours before you can go back to work.

I just think it's so sad that I'm so used to feeling bad that I didn't even realize I was sick with something that could be contagious. No Plus, I feel dumb, realizing that I could have exposed my staff and the public to it.

Charlotte
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Feeling dumb Empty Re: Feeling dumb

Post  LG Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:40 am

Aw.

Its okay, mistakes happen. You didn't know!
Funny you mention it though, your not alone!
I woke up feeling mighty gross today myself.
Congestion, coughy, sneezy yuckyness!
We can be sick and migrainous together, if that gives you comfort Wink

On top of it, I'm in Conn., I have no pain meds left and my prescription is in NY! OH NO!
Thank goodness I'll be home tonight, I can't wait!

I hope you feel better!
Don't worry about work too much. It's harder to catch things than you think,
unless you have coworkers who don't wash their hands often, and if you had
a fever today I believe it means you were probably also contagious yesterday as well!
(I'm not trying to make you feel worse, but trying to prove there really isn't much you can do)
Take it easy! Sending hugs and wishes of healthiness your way!
LG
LG

Back to top Go down