migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MOH some possibly new information. See end of thread. P6

+22
Hal
jeselle
dailyha-rose
tecky
LizzieB
Ivy
Johnfd
estre004
moominamy
Brenda
theresae
AuntieBubbs
Senna
Mule Kick
Anna
lesherb
Brent
Paradox
milo
LG
HeelerLady
pen
26 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

MOH some possibly new information. See end of thread. P6 - Page 4 Empty Re: MOH some possibly new information. See end of thread. P6

Post  joshp Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:04 pm

As I posted in another thread, I have recently begun to suspect that I have been suffering rebound headaches, too, perhaps from diclofenac.

My normal migraine frequency was about three per week in summer and about one per week in winter. More recently, this has increased to almost daily (regardless of temperature). This time period roughly corresponded to when I started regularly taking diclofenac.

To test this out, I have just stopped taking any painkillers whatsoever, and guess what? I have not had a headache in a week! A whole seven days pain free! This seemed unthinkable just a few weeks ago. I almost feel like a normal human being.

So from now on, I will be extremely wary of taking anything more than once or twice per week.
joshp
joshp

Back to top Go down

MOH some possibly new information. See end of thread. P6 - Page 4 Empty Re: MOH some possibly new information. See end of thread. P6

Post  pen Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:04 am

hi,
So pleased this worked for you. It did for my neighbour too.......
It was me that suggested you give it a try. How different we all are. But shows a break can be all we need to identify the problem.
To feel normal again is what we all seek. So happy for you.
Pen

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  theresae Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:18 am

Thats great news that you have not had a headache in a week, without the horrible withdrawal symptoms that we hear about, i really hope it continues for you keep us posted.
theresae
theresae

Back to top Go down

MOH some possibly new information. See end of thread. P6 - Page 4 Empty Interesting adendum to this thread.

Post  pen Fri May 28, 2010 6:23 am

Last night I listened to an audio from one of our best respected neurologists.
It is from a Migraine Education Day that are organised throughout the UK.

He speaks well and talked a lot about the new drugs that are hopefully coming out in the not too distant.
This includes Telcagepant and Levadex. This is DHE Linda!!!!

At the end of his oratory, he took questions.
It was hard to hear her, but his answer was in regard to medication overuse.

He commented that, by the time they get to his clinic one third to one half of patients have stopped their medication but still have the headaches. Now as I say the sound is not great, I think thats what he said...but I think he went on to say that this means there is something else going on.

I think this is a free file to listen to, and would love it if someone else would give it a listen.
Perhaps your PC sound or hearing will be better than mine.

I have met this man, he is nice, he has migraines himself as do his family and he is GOOD.
Would anyone like to listen to this please?

The whole issue of MOH is an emotive and controversial one, and I have no wish to fan any flames.
But this may be "news".
There are apparently many more of us that take the medication break and remain in pain, than improve it.

I truly cannot hear all of it properly..(I do need a new lap top), and would welcome a second pair of ears.

I think you will enjoy the talk anyway.

Thanks,
Pen

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  tecky Fri May 28, 2010 9:14 am

Pen,

I would be interested in listening to it.

Did I miss the URL for the site? If so, could you repost it for me.

Thanks so much! flower
tecky
tecky

Back to top Go down

Post  dcook60 Fri May 28, 2010 9:39 am

pen, i'll listen too, if you'll post the link. lifelong learning is what we have to do, right? just when we make up our minds that we know something for absolute sure, all the variables change.........and again we don't know what we thought we knew. dianne

Last edited by dcook60 on Fri May 28, 2010 9:40 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
dcook60
dcook60

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Fri May 28, 2010 10:05 am

Sorry, yes I will post it.....duh!!!
Now just need to find it...double duh!!

Very Happy

Right let's hope this works.

http://www.migraine.org.uk/online-shop.php?product=322

Just click on "click here". Is quite long, maybe an hour?
Bit quiet, hope you can hear it and tell me if I heard it right...

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Sat May 29, 2010 10:55 am

Just wondered if anyone else has found time to listen to this yet?

There are several more from other conferences.

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4