migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Slept like a baby with Doxepin

5 posters

Go down

Slept like a baby with Doxepin Empty Slept like a baby with Doxepin

Post  Paradox Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:38 pm

I started on 25 mg of Doxepin last night. I took it at about 7:00 pm. I was sound asleep before American Idol was over. I woke up once at 10:30 pm and then not again til hubby woke me up 7:00 am. I felt fresh as a daisy.

I usually get up 4-5 times a night. I feel so good today! Even if the Doxepin doesn't do anything for the headaches, it might be worth it just as a sleep aid! Sleep
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Slept like a baby with Doxepin Empty Re: Slept like a baby with Doxepin

Post  LG Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:46 pm

mmm I'm jealous. I wonder if you could wake up to say...a little baby girl crying on a monitor, for example? Shall I call you and ask hubby to put the speakerphone on and see? Laughing
LG
LG

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:01 pm

Try it and I'll kill ya!!!! I like using my little sleepy man... Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  LG Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:17 pm

Hahaha, well then at least I'd get to see you! You'd fly all the way over here just to kill me? I doubt it! Naah, I wouldn't do it but no really, as you take it let me know if you would be able to wake up normally and fall asleep or if it puts you into a coma like sleep, okay? I'd really like to be able to take something that helps me sleep a bit better. I've been having a hard time. If it's a migraine thing, kill birds with one stone? It doesn't hurt to ask. Smile
LG
LG

Back to top Go down

Post  Anna's Mom Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:26 pm

How wonderful Smile Smile Smile

Cheryl
Anna's Mom
Anna's Mom

Back to top Go down

Post  Cindy*W Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:28 pm

I will write this down and ask my doctor about it next time I see him.

Sleep depravation has always been a big problem for me.

When I went to get my shot at 1:00 this afternoon, I had not slept at all since Monday afternoon and that was like a 2 hour nap from which I woke from with even worse pain.

Hopefully I can settle in and sleep some tonight.

Thanks for posting this because I am always on the lookout for something that will really work for me.

I am certainly thrilled that it is working for you. Very Happy

Cindy
Cindy*W
Cindy*W

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:10 am

Last night I didn't get home until very late (I had to go to Indianapolis with Hubby). I took the doxepin at 11:45 pm and then laid down with a good book. Generally this would mean I'd be reading til 3:00 am, because I get so engrossed I don't realize how much time has passed.

Instead I was sound asleep within a half hour. I woke up once at 3:30, went to the bathroom (I have a pea bladder) and then right back to bed and lights out until hubby woke me up at 7:00. I was expecting some grogginess since I took it so late, but didn't have any.

I had been drinking pop all the way to Indy and back and was surprised that I slept through all but one of my bladder urges. I'm a little concerned that I may start wetting the bed again ( a big problem I had in childhood, and occassionally as an adult if I'm in very deep sleep. You know the dream. Mine is I'm in a magnificent castle, and I finally find the restroom. I sit down in the gorgeous facilities and have blessed relief. Only to wake up a few minutes later cold & wet. EEEWWWWW).

But, I will sleep with a diaper on if it means continuing with this WONDERFUL sleep.
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  theresae Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:45 pm

i have wondered whether one morning i may have had an accident, i take amitriptyline and boy do i drop off into a deep lovely sleep, sometimes i wake up in the night or early morning sooo bursting to go to the loo that it is painful to get out and walk to the bathroom, but so far no little accidents! Lol
theresae
theresae

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:15 am

Another good nights sleep, but I am having very vivid dreams. Woke up twice. Once the dream woke me up and the other time for my potty break. But two times is better that five.

This morning I woke up with a M, but it was the first one in four days! Woo hoo!
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down