migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I just need to whine...

4 posters

Go down

I just need to whine... Empty I just need to whine...

Post  HeelerLady Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:01 pm

How is it, I wake up and don't feel well. Stay home because 9 times out of 10 it progresses to "just shoot me". Then feel better and feel guilty for not going into work. However I was actually very productive from home and have no reason to feel guilty - probably accomplished more here than I would have if I had gone into work. I know that the M is lingering around level 2 (nausea and more intense pain), and could go down to level 1 (pain killers knock it down) or jump to a 3 (bring out the triptans as complete misery) so my original decision isn't unjustified.

Ugh...it could just be the meds making me miserable again too. I've stuck this one out, finally felt better then escalated it (to therapeutic dose) and am back to feeling like dog poo. Part of it, it's an absolutely beautiful day out and my dogs are making me feel very guilty for not taking them out. My one is the queen of the sad eyes and I feel so bad for her as she only gets out when I take her out. She's as much a prisoner of this house as I am. Sad For whatever reason, this med just brings out the psychological stuff...which is the worst for me.

Alright, end of whine. Think I may suck it up (ie medicate) and go walk the dogs - then the guilt won't be eating me there. Smile
HeelerLady
HeelerLady

Back to top Go down

I just need to whine... Empty Re: I just need to whine...

Post  tecky Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:56 pm

Becky,

I think your dogs probably feel your pain on some level. Mine seem to be so intuitive to my bad days.

Sometimes I think our dogs know better what we need than we do. They give so much unconditional love, companionship and compassion, many times much more than any human does or could.

Hope you feel better soon. Take care.

Becky flower
tecky
tecky

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:34 pm

I'm sorry you're not feeling well, Becky.

Ahhh...work. I suck it up every morning and make it in, only half the time to have to go back home mid-day. Then scramble on my days off to make up the work I've missed. I'm so grateful though that my job gives me the flexibility to do that.

Hope tomorrow is better for you.
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  HeelerLady Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:21 am

I knew things were probably worse than I thought as both dogs were close and they always do seem to know. However, I did take the girls out for a walk and felt better in the short term. That and the guilt went away. Smile

A lot of my own problem is in my head. I feel guilty about not going in to work, about not walking the dogs, about not doing things I want to... I have no reason to feel guilty, my job is flexible, my dogs will forgive me and I need to stop being hard on myself. Darn perfectionist in me - that and I've always done what I wanted to when I wanted to and never let anything stop me before.

Today's a somewhat better day. At work and have little to do...which is good I guess. Although it could be the meds making me forgetful again Suspect
HeelerLady
HeelerLady

Back to top Go down

Post  alli Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:36 pm

I dragged myself into work today with a3-4 migraine and TN burning the right side of my face. UGH. I am not getting a lot done as I am surfing the net and filling my chair. 3 more hours and I can go back to sleep.

At least you are getting work done. I'm just a slug today. I know how you feel as I should be doing more.... but I can't. Ah well..... Such is this life.
Alli
alli
alli

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down