migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My son was involved in a bad car accident early this morning.

+23
alli
Anna's Mom
kimsmom
Hal
Brenda
tecky
pen
lesherb
crt
Almostangela
Paradox
estre004
ajr
Ivy
dizzyflower
LizzieB
CluelessKitty
LG
Ruth
marion
Stillhurtin
HeelerLady
Cindy*W
27 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

My son was involved in a bad car accident early this morning. - Page 2 Empty Re: My son was involved in a bad car accident early this morning.

Post  Anna's Mom Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:15 am

Very traumatic with probably a long recovery, Cindy. I'm very sorry for you and your family! Lots of stress and concerns.

Hoping he mends as well as well as can be expected with no pain at the end of it.

Take care of you! So sorry, sweets.

Cheryl
Anna's Mom
Anna's Mom

Back to top Go down

My son was involved in a bad car accident early this morning. - Page 2 Empty Re: My son was involved in a bad car accident early this morning.

Post  alli Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:14 pm

You are both in my prayers and I am so glad that he is getting better pain relief. What a horrible accident and what heroic people to work so hard to make sure he would make it through.

My brother was in an accident several years ago that we were not sure he would live through. He did and it was a life changer for him. He completely changed his life, went back to school and got his degree in computer science. He just bought his first home and is doing great. He calls the accident God's tap on his shoulder.

I pray that your son will heal completely and take God's tap seriously and take the gift of life for what it is, a gift to cherish.

Alli
alli
alli

Back to top Go down

Post  Cindy*W Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:54 pm

Thank you again everyone for your prayers and well wishes.

I certainly hope that this does change him.

He has ADHD and none of the meds helped him except for Strattera.

Only problem was it made him so violently ill that he couldn't take it.

Because of the ADHD he is very impulsive and doesn't have the fear of things like he should.

I wish there was something he could take to control that.

He wants so badly to come back here and live with us again.

I told him I would have to discuss it with my husband and see how he feels about it.

We talked about it over dinner tonight and he says he wouldn't mind having him back but he would have to agree to do certain things.

Such as get his GED, get a job, stay out of trouble, and follow a few simple house rules.

When he last lived with us, he was coming in at all hours and often bringing people into our home we were not comfortable with.

I guess we will see what happens.

Of course I would like to have him back here with me.

But I agree with hubby that things couldn't be like before.

Thanks again everyone!

Cindy
Cindy*W
Cindy*W

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:29 pm

Thinking of you. I hope you all hang in there - day by day.

Get to your baby's bedside soon! You (!!!) need to be there - and he needs you there. It is screaming out at me from your posts.

I hope you can get to his side soon - in the meantime .... thinking of you and yours! It will all turn out for the best.
Richard
Richard

http://richardofravenhurst.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  theresae Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:33 am

hi cindy i am thinking of you and your family, and i wish your son a speedy recovery, i hope you can be with your son soon, take care xx
theresae
theresae

Back to top Go down

Post  Olee Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:26 am

No matter how old they grow to be or how far they move away, they are always our children. Your love for him shows and right now that is a key treatment for recovery. I wish you and your son the very best.
Olee
Olee

Back to top Go down

Post  Mianna Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:08 pm

Just found this post Cindy......I am so very sorry.....know that you, your son and family are in my prayers. You are being a great mom and advocate for your son.

Supporting You.
Mianna
Mianna

Back to top Go down

Post  Cindy*W Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:24 am

My son went home yesterday afternoon and seems to be doing quite well.

His pastor has been visiting which I am so grateful for and he was going to go to church tonight but he called me and said that he has to recline or lay down and just couldn't possibly sit in a chair at church just yet.

He said the boy that gave him CPR at the scene came over today and was telling him more of what happened.

The truck he was driving was a Ford Ranger with a camper shell on the back.

Evidently when they started rolling, the camper shell came off and the back window didn't break but fell out.

That is where he got ejected from the vehicle, thru that back window.

When the truck finally stopped rolling, the boy got out and ran over to where my son was laying.

He said he was making gurgling sounds and then stopped breathing.

This boy has never been trained in CPR but knew enough to get air into his lungs til the paramedics could get there.

He of course is my hero.

Also, the Highway Patrol was a little skeptical about their story that a car had run them off the road because there was no apparent paint transfer or anything on the pickup.

A man that lived directly across the street from where this happened(and owns a towing business that is located on his property) was doing some work in the garage, and saw the accident happen.

He called my son in the hospital to see how he was doing and told him that he had gotten ahold of the highway Patrol and given them a statement about what he saw.

He gave them a description of a white Baretta that he saw force them off the road.

Definitely God was looking out for him.

Anyway, he has an appointment with a Doctor next week for a follow-up so I can't wait to see what he has to say.

I still have not decided when I am leaving but it would be so nice if I could just bring him back with me.

Please pray that we make the right decision.

Thank you all for helping me thru this.

It helps so much just to know that you are thinking about us.

Cindy
Cindy*W
Cindy*W

Back to top Go down

My son was involved in a bad car accident early this morning. - Page 2 Empty My son was involved in a bad car accident early this morning.

Post  Cindy*W Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:49 am

Hey guys!

I just realized that I have never introduced my grand-daughter to you.

She is my picture here.

That is her in her Halloween costume.

She wanted to be a kitty!

Her name is Zoe Jane and she is the joy of my life.

She is my son's daughter so she darn near lost her father.

Not that he has really been there for her in the last two years, but let me tell you that he is regretting that right now.

I told him Ali about your brother and the "Tap on the Shoulder" thing and he agrees with you that he just got one too. (I think that was Ali, if I am wrong I apologize).

Just wanted to tell you who Zoe was since I had never done so.

Thanks everyone!

Cindy
Cindy*W
Cindy*W

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:51 am

Seems people get kicked out of the hospital so soon, but so happy to hear that he's able to leave.

Sounds like there will be a long road of physical therapy though.

I've been lucky, my boys have responded well to ADD medications. One take Adderall and the other Concerta. The difference in their coping abilities is marked when they are not on their med's. They are quite charming with out it (and still are when on it), but their decision making and impulse control are non-existent. Thinking through consequences is just not possible.

I hope it all works out. Oh, and your little "Kitty" cat is adorable.
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2