migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi! I'm new here.

+13
theresae
Ivy
Cindy*W
tecky
sherri b
HeelerLady
LizzieB
LG
pen
Almostangela
AuntieBubbs
alli
Johnfd
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Hi! I'm new here. - Page 2 Empty Re: Hi! I'm new here.

Post  Johnfd Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:41 am

Hi Olee,

Bikes and Migraines aren't an obvious mix are they! I've been riding since I was in my teens and it's my big escape. I have no problem if I'm well-ish but don't take any chances and, like most things, it's difficult to plan going away for several days given how unpredictable migraine can be so I generally don't. If you get stuck when you're out on a bike it's worse than being stuck out in a car. Also, if you're affected by cold/wind you may have difficulties. I Find that the freedom, movement and relaxation I get from riding do me good. For other people, playing golf, fishing, or walking the dog may be just as beneficial. I think it's about making sure there's still part of you left as well as the migraines. Often I'm not well enough to ride and I wont be risking the 6OO miles each way and 3 nights camping with my friends in Scotland in May although I'd love to go.

On Sunday I joined 10,000 other Bikes in a ride through Wootton Bassett. This was to support British troops in Afghanistan and to thank the people of the little town who turn out every time to honour the dead repatriated from the conflict. The run raised £100,000. A 300 mile round trip.

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/5062865.Bikers_raise___100_000_for_Afghan_Heroes/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJeUm2Siwpc

I include the second link purely because at exactly 2.32 seconds into the clip there's me on my 35 year-old Moto Guzzi!
Johnfd
Johnfd

Back to top Go down

Post  LizzieB Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:17 am

Well done John, that must have been quite an emotional trip.

Liz
LizzieB
LizzieB

Back to top Go down

Post  moominamy Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:24 am

Just saying hello and welcome. I come on here a bit sporadically at the moment as I'm currently pregnant and trying to put my energy into all the things that need doing before May.

Amy

moominamy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum