migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Olympic....

+4
Chinookgrl
Olee
crt
CluelessKitty
8 posters

Go down

The Olympic.... Empty The Olympic....

Post  CluelessKitty Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:41 pm

Are you watching Olympic games? I watched the speed skating and caught the Korean women team being stripped off from their gold medal. ouch harsh. I feel so bad for them.

Do you think it was a deserved decision? I think sadly it was.
They replayed the moment a few times before making the decision, and it definitely looked like a premeditated action.
I still feel for the Korea, though..

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/sports/winter/2010-02/25/content_9505906.htm

Risa
CluelessKitty
CluelessKitty

Back to top Go down

The Olympic.... Empty Olympics

Post  crt Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:13 pm

Risa,

I have watched some of it. I really enjoy the Olympics but my partner doesn't all that much. So I haven't been watching as much as I'd like. I didn't see the incident you talked about. However I do think that speed skating is a rough sport and it doesn't surprise me when there's contact - intentional or not.

Korea did alright last night though, with the dazzling performance of their figure skater Kim Yu-na. Actually I admire all the Olympic athletes, even if they score in last place. To be good enough to qualify to compete in the Olympics means the athlete is among a small elite group of the best in the world. I find that very impressive.

Chris
crt
crt

Back to top Go down

The Olympic.... Empty Re: The Olympic....

Post  Olee Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:59 am

Awesome hockey game set up for the gold. USA VS Canada
Olee
Olee

Back to top Go down

Post  CluelessKitty Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:11 pm

Oh yeah, a teeth clenching one.
One probably everybody will be watching.
I of course am gonna root for Canadians, but will be as proud for the USA team if you guys win!

Go Canada, go USA!!!

Risa
CluelessKitty
CluelessKitty

Back to top Go down

The Olympic.... Empty The Olympic...

Post  Chinookgrl Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:02 pm

We are Olympic addicts here. It has been on constantly and being on home ground makes it even better than usual. As for the hockey game tomorrow night. Go Canada Go!!! The boys have a shaken out the rust since the Russia game. If they can play like that again it will be a great hockey game. As it should be for the gold medal.

Jo
Chinookgrl
Chinookgrl

Back to top Go down

Post  CluelessKitty Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:00 pm

Oh my goodness! I can't believe it, Gold for Canada, and what a beautiful end for Olympic games here in Vancouver!

But I have to give it to you USA team you were like a swarm of angry hornets descending, very difficult to beat,
it seemed twice US skate to one CAN skate stick to stick and during those last five minutes before the OT I knew US was going to even out the score and there will be the OT.

Oh what a rushshshshshshshhhhhhh...

Great game USA, bow thank you!, and yay for Canada!!!

Risa
CluelessKitty
CluelessKitty

Back to top Go down

The Olympic.... Empty Olympics

Post  crt Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:33 am

I think it's appropriate that Canada got gold at the last event, considering they were on home ground. It just fits. I am so pleased that the American men's 4-person bobsled team got gold after 62 years! That is most amazing and what I am celebrating. Overall, Canada did so well with these Olympics. You have reason to be very proud. Congratulations!

Chris
crt
crt

Back to top Go down

The Olympic.... Empty what a game

Post  lentils Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:58 pm

I got to watch the game on TV here in Australia. I really miss hockey, being from Philadelphia. I didn't recognize the player's names, so I looked them up on the internet for a crash course.
It occurred to me that I know the words to 3 nation anthems, US, AU and Canadian. Canada's because I watched all those hockey games in Philly when I was a kid.

lentils

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:05 pm

We good old Canadians beat the all time record for Gold medals in any winter games!!!!! Despite our size, we are a very small country so it's great to see us standing up well in competition.
milo
milo

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:39 pm

I too add my congratulations to Canada! I could not watch TV and it killed me not being to watch so many events. But even though I would have preferred a USA Hockey Gold Medal (darn it all, I am a nationalist after all - LOL) I am still pleased as punch that Canada won the gold. Love that country of yours.

AND congratulations to the Vancouver Olympic Committee for design and production of such absolutely beautiful medals. I really like them!

But tell me, my Canadian friends, what's up with that giant inflated beaver? And what happens to old Bucky now that the games are over? And do you really pour gravy over French Fries? Enquiring minds want to know! LOL
Richard
Richard

http://richardofravenhurst.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Almostangela Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:36 pm

Richard wrote:
But tell me, my Canadian friends, what's up with that giant inflated beaver? And what happens to old Bucky now that the games are over? And do you really pour gravy over French Fries? Enquiring minds want to know! LOL

Beavers are always welcome and will find a good home.

As for the gravy... well....first we put chewy cheese curds on the fries and then the gravy. It's called Poutine and you really have to try it when you visit up north next. Eastern Canada makes the best.

Angela
Almostangela
Almostangela

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:07 pm

The inflated beavers were all a part of tongue-in-cheek depictions of what the world considers to be "Canadian".

and yes....it's called poutine and it's to die for!!!!!!!
milo
milo

Back to top Go down

Post  CluelessKitty Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:13 am

YUM YUMM YUMMMM

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Poutine history and recipes:

http://www.montrealpoutine.com/

Apart from the beaver also the moose or its antlers is often used to depict Canadians.
Especially a moose in a mountie outfit.

Sometimes, we use other animals, too
yeah we may dress any animal as a mountie, but only a beaver and a moose = truly Canada, eh!

Risa
CluelessKitty
CluelessKitty

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum