migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Christmas Cards

2 posters

Go down

Christmas Cards Empty Christmas Cards

Post  Guest Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:09 pm

Ho, Ho, Ho. rendeer

It's that time of year. I have to crank out some Christmas Cards. I'm not looking forward to one of them.

When my grandmother passed August, I opened a PO box to forward her mail. Granny had just about outlived all of her friends, and everyone from her side of her family--which I have never met. Grandmother was an only child.

The last known person was an old fellow, a cousin of hers that lived in WV....but he passed earlier this year.

In the box this week was a card....some relative. I'm going to send a card back, letting her know that grandmother passed away--I have no idea how this lady is related.

My cousin took my grandmother's address book for some odd reason--she had to have it. I don't think there are any other relatives left to contact.

Other than that card, should be an easy task.

Back to top Go down

Christmas Cards Empty Re: Christmas Cards

Post  CluelessKitty Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:47 pm

Christmas cards, groannn.
I was sending a little gift parcel to my World Vision sponsored child and I forgot to put inside ... a letter and a Christmas Card. I've noticed it the next day lying quietly on a table. how assinine is that???

Risa
CluelessKitty
CluelessKitty

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:01 pm

I love doing Christmas cards. Every year since Jim was born I have sent out a picture card (except the year when I had two young ones, a job, building a new house, caring for a sick mother, and going to Grad school. I think I used up all my reserves of energy and momentum in those two years and that's why I don't have any left. Obviously the m's weren't that bad back then).

Fewer and fewer people send cards back, but I don't care, I love sending them.

However, I DON'T do Christmas letters. Mad I got one last year that was so annoying it was passed around my work to make people laugh (the sender was a out of town high school friend, so no one knew her).

Charlotte (aka Joan)
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down