migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Steve and Thom and Christmas

+6
crt
Paradox
tecky
ajr
CluelessKitty
Richard
10 posters

Go down

Steve and Thom and Christmas Empty Steve and Thom and Christmas

Post  Richard Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:05 am

I am still grieving my loss of Steve, my dearly beloved husband. I know I will never get over my loss, but to tell you all the truth, I am MUCH better than I have been for one year eleven months fifteen days. I will never get over it, but I am getting used to it.

Having my good friend Otis move in as a roommate in September has made a world of difference in my life. Just having someone to cook dinner for is making me eat better. Having a clean house and knowing the dogs will be walked no matter how I feel ... well, it is like a miracle to me.

I have also met a new guy on the Internet. Thom lives in Florida. We have spoken by phone and emailed until our fingers are sore! LOL I like him a great deal. Thom is coming to Ravenhurst in January for ten days. That is a long time but it is a mileage ticket and those are the dates he could get.

I have tried to explain my neurological disease to him ... but it is hard to imagine unless you see me in action going bonkers before your very eyes. I have warned him I am damaged goods ... but he is still interested. That is rare in my eyes. He is on disability like Steve was ... the dreaded HIV disease. Maybe his own limitations make him better able to accept mine. I don't know. Maybe he will see me in an episode and head for the nearest Holiday Inn. I really don't know.

I do know that I am glad my heart was not permanently withered away and closed to human contact. My friends say I look great ... 20 years younger. And I am celebrating Christmas again. THAT feels good. I am playing Santa to three adorable children I love ... their parents are financially strapped during this horrible recession and I am having a ball planning Christmas surprises for them.

So after one year, eleven months, and fifteen days of reporting depression and grief here ... I am pleased to say that I am drawing close to being actually happy. Between the joys of my roommate, the joys of my three borrowed children, and the thrill of a new friend ... well, my life is on the upswing, I think.

I will never be able to thank you all for your true love and support after Steve died and after my Dad passed on this September. Having dumped my bad news on you all, I wanted to share some better perspectives.
Richard
Richard

http://richardofravenhurst.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Steve and Thom and Christmas Empty Re: Steve and Thom and Christmas

Post  CluelessKitty Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:16 am

I am glad to know a happier times seem to be in for you Richard. You certainly deserve it.
I hope you'll have a wonderful Christmas and New Year.

btw it's good to see you posting. I was wondering where did you disappeared to.

Risa
CluelessKitty
CluelessKitty

Back to top Go down

Post  ajr Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:24 am

I am so happy to hear that you are feeling better these days. That is really good news. It sounds like you are keeping very busy to me, despite the migraines. You are going to make those children so happy this Christmas. What a wonderful and inspiring idea. Thanks for sharing your good news. I know the migraines are still interfering with your life though, and I pray that they will lessen so you can enjoy your future plans.
ajr
ajr

Back to top Go down

Post  tecky Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:37 am

I'm so happy for you, Richard!!! Wonderful news.

Becky
tecky
tecky

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:13 am

So good to hear from you Richard! Here I was worried about you and you were out having fun Christmas shopping, meeting new people...! I am so happy for you.

I am also glad that your room mate situation is working out. It is so nice to have someone to fall back on when you can't get out of bed.

Charlotte (aka Joan)
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Steve and Thom and Christmas Empty joyeau noel

Post  crt Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:01 am

Richard,

It sounds like you're bordering on being joyous. I am genuinely thrilled for you. I predict you will have a wonderful Christmas and wow do you deserve it!

Chris
crt
crt

Back to top Go down

Post  Ivy Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:02 am

Hi Richard,
I am so glad to hear you news.
Time can mend almost everything.
You'll never forget Steve and you'll always miss him, but this will not prevent you from being happy and in love again!
Good for you Smile
Ivy
Ivy

Back to top Go down

Post  alli Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:03 pm

I'm so glad you are feeling better and that life is looking happier for you! This last Thanksgiving, two of my sisters, my brother and I went through a several boxes of family pictures and talked about my Dad who passed away when I was 22. We hadn't looked at these pictures is 26 years and it was such a wonderful experience to show our children who their grandfather was. He died before any of the grandchildren were born. I was 2 months along with my son when he passed.

It is amazing how healing it can be to just to look at pictures, share your memories and learn things you never knew about people you loved. This is my favorite picture of my dad. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Alli
alli
alli

Back to top Go down

Post  tecky Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:58 pm

What a neat picture, Alli. Your dad looks like a movie star--dashing and handsome.

My brother and I went through pictures a couple years ago and had a similar experience. My brother is ten years older than me, but it's funny how we each remembered or knew different things about family history. My brother was impressed by the nice cars my dad drove when he was young in the early 1940's. My brother is a car nut. My dad passed away in 1995.

Becky
tecky
tecky

Back to top Go down

Post  CluelessKitty Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:14 pm

What a neat picture, Alli. Your dad looks like a movie star--dashing and handsome.

Definitely! Now I know from whom you inherited your great genes Smile

Risa
CluelessKitty
CluelessKitty

Back to top Go down

Post  kimsmom Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:21 pm

Richard,

Great to see you posting here again. Nothing like children to make Christmas a joyous occation. Such fun!

You have some good things to look forward to in January. \\Have a Wonderful Christmas this season.

kimsmom
kimsmom
kimsmom

Back to top Go down

Post  moominamy Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:02 am

Here's to a happy christmas! Really nice to hear you sound so optimistic.

Take care

Amy

moominamy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum