migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In LA with the girls

+5
AuntieBubbs
CluelessKitty
theresae
Stillhurtin
alli
9 posters

Go down

In LA with the girls Empty In LA with the girls

Post  alli Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:44 am

Well I made it to LA with my daughter and friend. They are at Disneyland and I am hanging out that the hotel. The thought of an amusement park in cold weather was too much for me. I'll just stay in, read and watch movies, thank you very much.

Our ride down was leisurely and nice. They watched old Star Trek episodes on the computer, ran the sound through the car speakers so I could hear and that was a great way to make three hours go by. Isn't is amazing how technology has reached a point where you can sit in a car with your laptop and watch old TV series? Unfortunately my face started hurting so Sarah took over driving and I rested.

TOmorrow we are going window shopping on Rodeo Drive and going to the taping of the Late Late show with Craig Ferguson. Carrie Fisher is the guest so I expect that will be a blast!

Fingers crossed to get through the next three days migraine free and with minimal facial pain. Smile
Alli

bounce bounce
alli
alli

Back to top Go down

In LA with the girls Empty Re: In LA with the girls

Post  Stillhurtin Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:15 pm

Yay, Alli Smile -
I'm so glad you made it. And honestly, a day in a hotel reading and resting and watching movies sounds waayyyy better than a day Disneyland....lol. A nice break is JUST what you deserve =)

Enjoy the next three days and fill us in when ya get home.

Crossing my fingers for ya that the pain stays away enough for you to enjoy yourself!

Ciao! I love you
Stillhurtin
Stillhurtin

Back to top Go down

Post  theresae Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:16 pm

i will be keeping everything crossed that you have pain fee days, you so deserve it,

take care x
theresae
theresae

Back to top Go down

Post  CluelessKitty Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:19 pm

have a blast, Allie, with the girls! and I hope M will leave you well alone!

Risa
CluelessKitty
CluelessKitty

Back to top Go down

Post  AuntieBubbs Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:39 pm

Oh, have fun, while you are here Alli. Sounds like you have some exciting things planned.
I love Disneyland! Haven't been in ages, but was on vacation in Florida for a week about 4 years ago, and had to take it easy with the amusment parks because of my migraines to the extent that I had a separate rental car and when I started to feel overwhelmed, I'd just go back to the hotel on my own. It ended up working out ok, though I wished I had been able to spend more time at all the parks. I missed one of them altogether by staying in that day, but it's better than trying to enjoy the park with a raging migraine. I'm glad you are taking care of yourself and know your limitations.
AuntieBubbs
AuntieBubbs

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:28 pm

So glad you made it!
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  LizzieB Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:22 am

Hooray Very Happy

Hope it continues to go OK.

Liz flower
LizzieB
LizzieB

Back to top Go down

Post  tecky Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:55 pm

Have fun, Alli. Hope you have plenty of pain-free time. I'm glad you were able to go. cheers

Becky
tecky
tecky

Back to top Go down

Post  alli Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:36 pm

We had a lot of fun. Although I had migraines and a lot of facial pain on Tues and Weds. Coming home yesterday was brutal... When the migraine started getting really bad, Sarah took over driving and I laid down on the back seat and was miserrrrable the rest of the way. BUT....

We were actually on TV! We went to the taping of the Late, Late Show with Craig Fergusen and someone in the audience had sent a message saying they would be there that day, so he asked where they were and they were sitting right in front of us. So when the showed them, there we were... right behind them. Sarah's friend said that she saw us. Kinda cool! Carrie Fisher was one of the guests and I just love her. So funny!

I saw some parts of LA I had never seen before so have a slightly better opinion of going down there for anything other than Disneyland. The shopping is better than I expected and the walk of fame in Hollywood was one of the more bizarre things I have seen.. Lots of people dressed up as action heros... straaaange.

A fun trip despite the migraines and TN.
alli
alli

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:26 pm

So happy you made it and enjoyed in spite of the M!

I'm planning a trip this summer and am excited but already getting anxious about it. I fear I'm going to have a self-fulfilling prophecy by worrying about it. I know that's what usually happens when I'm concerned about my IBS especially when flying when you can't get up when you're getting ready for takeoff! Panic then BLOAT!

That's finally gotten better when I decided heck with it, wore an adult diaper and in my mind told myself I would never see these people again, and if it smells, it smells. Once I was consigned to it, it didn't happen.

Charlotte
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  LillianLovato27 Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:29 am

alli wrote: the walk of fame in Hollywood was one of the more bizarre things I have seen.. Lots of people dressed up as action heros... straaaange.

Haha. The Hollywood walk of fame, one of my favorite places to 'people watch'. No offense. I do agree with you it is one of the most bizarre things in this world..um... universe! I do not think many people know up the dress up people. (did you take pictures with them, hopefully you were careful. Some of those people are creeps and make you pay. Yes pay to take a picture with them)

One time I was down there and there were two Elmo's (Sesame Street) and they were arguing who's spot was it, and there was this five year old boy starring at them with this puzzled, crazed look in his eye. I felt bad and want to go up to the "Elmo's" and say HELLO THERE'S A KID RIGHT THERE! But for some reason they both left and then a power ranger took their place. The kid look even more confused. Poor kid.
LillianLovato27
LillianLovato27

Back to top Go down

Post  alli Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:01 am

Yeah.. It was pretty funny. I felt so naive as I said to my daughter, Oh there must be a promotion going on. She just looked at me and said, No Mom, they just do that. Ohhhhhhhh. Yeah.. The entrepreneurial effort in action.
alli
alli

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum