migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stress as a trigger

+7
LG
CluelessKitty
Ivy
lizholmesod
estre004
theresae
pen
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Stress as a trigger - Page 2 Empty Re: Stress as a trigger

Post  estre004 Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:12 pm

If it does play a part, it doesn't play a part until hours or days later because I have made a mental note that when I am under stress, I very rarely get a migraine. I have noticed that if I get excited (good excited) I am prone to them. That really sucks.

estre004

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:39 pm

I did get pretty excited, not good excited, but trying to help with a migraine was frustrating, and the whole episode was frustrating and I got very excited on the phone with the idiot who couldnt find my farther in law, and the other one who couldnt get him a ride home. Maybe its my bad stress....

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  theresae Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:55 pm

Stillhurtin wrote:I know for me, when I first developed chronic migraines, if people asked about or suggested stress as a trigger, I quickly denied it. "Nope, not a trigger for me." This was b/c I felt like it held some hidden underlying meaning, like....."you get your headaches b/c you can't properly deal with Stress."

I know now that it is a much more complex thing....with brain chemicals and nerve endings and things (..hope I didn't lose anyone with my big medical vocab...lol) Embarassed )

But I think that reaction came from that general misunderstanding about Migraine that 90% of people have. I now am open and say yes, sometimes, and especially when paired with another trigger, Stress CAN be a trigger for me.

Anyone else go through anything like this??

that is so true, i too used to deny it could be stress as i saw it as a sign of weakness or unhappiness,
theresae
theresae

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:36 pm

that is so true, i too used to deny it could be stress as i saw it as a sign of weakness or unhappiness

I think I probably did that once upon a time as well. It makes you feel as if people think you are weak and cant cope with a bit of stress.....

I dont do it now, I even watch for it, and often half expect the fall out. But it almost never happens.
But as I said this was very emotinal stress.

Funn thing (or maye not) sometimes when I am first up with migriane pounding away.
If I can get a chance to speak to my husband or my daughter about it for a while, I feel a bit better.]
If I get upset, as I did sunday, becasue the pain was so bad and I didnt want to take another triptan...
I ended up jnot taking it.....the crying gave me a bit of a headache... Laughing
But the migraine pain eased back a bit, and I blundered through, with some help from Laura's IHM, and managed to fix dinner.
Mind you by 10pm it was back and it woke me 5am, and here we go again.
Todays Triptan has been disappointing, and that is after 4 days....
Talk about complicated...

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2