migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Funniest or stangest migraine cure you have ever heard

+2
Seaine
sailingmuffin
6 posters

Go down

Funniest or stangest migraine cure you have ever heard Empty Funniest or stangest migraine cure you have ever heard

Post  sailingmuffin Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:18 pm

Hi All,

The Doc Martin post made me chuckle. I know we have probably done this before, but it is always interesting to hear what others have heard on the subject.

What is the funniest "cure, cause, or comment" you have gotten regarding migraines?
how did you respond or wish you could have responded at the time?

1) Funniest cure- I was at church with a friend in a rural area and fainted. He then decided that the fainting was caused by a "demon" and started to pray it out of me. My friend was about to die laughing, as was the rest of the congregation. (Don't get me wrong, I'm a Christian and have no problem with prayer- it was just funny.

I didn't know how to respond, so just let the pray the whole time I was praying- Lord, can you make the headache and these idiots go away,

Upon hearing about migraines, one person said to me, "Well, they have treatments for that now!"

Anyway, happy posting.

pain free days
sailingm
sailingmuffin
sailingmuffin

Back to top Go down

Funniest or stangest migraine cure you have ever heard Empty Re: Funniest or stangest migraine cure you have ever heard

Post  Seaine Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:01 pm

I remember when I was a young teenager, an adult that my parents knew at our local church wanted to talk to me about my headaches.  She was very concerned and wanted to help me, and she insisted on speaking with me for around 15min about how to relax my body and how to think positively and think as if I didn't have headaches.  My mother, nearby and listening, looked like she was about to have an aneurism.  I could tell she wanted to tell this lady what was up so badly but was being polite. Smile
Seaine
Seaine

Back to top Go down

Funniest or stangest migraine cure you have ever heard Empty Re: Funniest or stangest migraine cure you have ever heard

Post  kloos Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:01 am

I was discussing alternative treatments with my doctor a few years ago and he said that whilst he couldn't refer me to these treatments, if they worked, go for it. In fact if eating the plant on my desk works, I would suggest you do that. It was tempting, as the doctor did suggest it to me...

kloos

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:47 pm

Well, to turn that around, I had botox injections and a woman I worked with had dual degrees in biology and immunology.  She asked if I knew what that was and I told her, yes I did, it's botulism toxin.  She asked how I could put that in my body.  I told her people were getting results and I would let them inject dog poop into my head if they could show me statistics where people got results.  Twisted Evil  But it didn't work anyway.

A neighbor told me that he used to get them until he just made up his mind he didn't have time for them and told them to go away.  I said what a good idea, why didn't I think of that?  ha ha!

My cousin suggested I get shock treatments like they do for mental illnesses.  Thanks a lot buddy.  Although, my Cefaly does deliver tiny little comfortable shocks - well not shocks but currents.

I read in the paper one time that a sure fire treatment was to take a banana, peel it, and put the still wet peel all over your forehead.  Works every time and you smell delicious. (Just watch out for monkeys.)   monkey

Okay, I'm done now.  Everyone go drink more water.

Cathy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara79 Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:42 pm

The thought of putting a banana peel on any part of me make me want to be sick. I hate bananas! I did child care abd the smell of banana in the toddler's hair push my, I don't care for bananas to outright disgust.

Sara79

Back to top Go down

Post  Seaine Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:46 pm

Cathy wrote:Well, to turn that around, I had botox injections and a woman I worked with had dual degrees in biology and immunology.  She asked if I knew what that was and I told her, yes I did, it's botulism toxin.  She asked how I could put that in my body.  I told her people were getting results and I would let them inject dog poop into my head if they could show me statistics where people got results.  Twisted Evil  But it didn't work anyway.

A neighbor told me that he used to get them until he just made up his mind he didn't have time for them and told them to go away.  I said what a good idea, why didn't I think of that?  ha ha!

My cousin suggested I get shock treatments like they do for mental illnesses.  Thanks a lot buddy.  Although, my Cefaly does deliver tiny little comfortable shocks - well not shocks but currents.

I read in the paper one time that a sure fire treatment was to take a banana, peel it, and put the still wet peel all over your forehead.  Works every time and you smell delicious. (Just watch out for monkeys.)   monkey

Okay, I'm done now.  Everyone go drink more water.

This made me laugh!!
Seaine
Seaine

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:45 am

Seaine -

Glad you got a little laugh out of it. I find that humor helps a lot to just keep going don't you?

I just sent someone a card that said, "People who say laughter is the best medicine have never had morphine." ha ha. Although, trying to keep laughing through the pain keeps me from just sitting down and having a pity party every day.

Hang in there. - Cathy

Cathy

Back to top Go down

Post  Kem10 Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:27 pm

Just yesterday I missed church again and got a call from someone later to tell me she had a book for me to read, 101 home remedies for headaches. Sigh, I was as polite as possible telling her I had already tried most if not all of them and even more. It does get tiring explaining to people that this is not just a headache and home remedies are not all that useful.
Kem10
Kem10

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down