migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Topamax - what if?...

4 posters

Go down

Topamax - what if?... Empty Topamax - what if?...

Post  CluelessKitty Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:09 am

I was very very absent minded one night while I was taking my Topamax 100mg pill,
because my daughter was suffering with stomach ache and I was so worried about her. So after a while I wasn't sure if I took it or not and couldn't decide what to do, what would be worse, not to take the pill that night,
or to take a double dose even if it was spaced one or two hrs apart?

Eventually I was able to retract my steps and realize I didn't take any after all, so whew.
Normally I always after I take the pill I immediately check it off in my wall calendar, precisely because I can not trust my memory anymore but this time I was so preoccupied I didn't really know what I was doing.
Or, rather too many things at once.

I went to the kitchen and was supposed to get for my daughter a glass of water, being deep in thought what would help her with the pain, and what to do in general.
It was also midnight, my Topamax time. I also wanted to boil water to add it to some left over for I don't like to drink it cold, while meantime I went out of the kitchen for something,
and somehow I end up an hour later wondering whether I took the damn pill or not.

Then I remembered I was waiting for the water to boil to add to my half filled cup, and also noticed the pill bottle was not in its usual place, a thing I would know if I used it. whew.

Do any of you have been in such a dilemma, and what did you do? what would happen if I took two Topamax pills that night?

Risa
CluelessKitty
CluelessKitty

Back to top Go down

Topamax - what if?... Empty Re: Topamax - what if?...

Post  LG Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:15 am

eh no biggie.

you just get a little more spacey. i've doubled up on purpose before when I got bad generic...it actually helped a lot. I did that because bioavailability is different depending on what generic brand pills you get.

I've done it on accident as well. Nothing bad happens as long as it was only one pill. You may feel more of the side effects, and you may have better migraine prevention.

If you are still very worried though, I'd call your doctor. Remember though, people take up to 300mgs for migraine prevention! They tirate you slowly because they like to reduce the amount of side effects you feel.
LG
LG

Back to top Go down

Topamax - what if?... Empty topamax what if

Post  rileyoday Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:09 am

I put all my daily meds in a pill box marked with the day on the lid. { dollar store } This is when I plan

my refills ... I cant remember 2 hrs ago.

rileyoday

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:25 pm

Clueless, because you are in BC, you can call 811 if you ever have questions about if you should take another dose or wait until your next dose.

They have a pharmacist on after five PM. It's the BC Nurses line. It can be really helpful in a situation like that.
milo
milo

Back to top Go down

Post  CluelessKitty Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:03 pm

Oh really 811, I didn't knew that.

Thanks for all your replies, either way I am much relieved. So, nothing terrible would happen, yay!

Risa
CluelessKitty
CluelessKitty

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down