migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

White background on computer

3 posters

Go down

White background on computer Empty White background on computer

Post  Kate Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:30 pm

Lately I have been having issues with reading on the computer with just all white background.It's like it is to bright and it bothers me so I can only read for a short time. Extreme bright light will trigger an aura. Never had this problem before with the computer. Does this bother anyone else?

Kate

Back to top Go down

White background on computer Empty Re: White background on computer

Post  Mini Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:21 am

Yes, definitely. Working for longer periods on the computer, or laptop, even with the screen dimmed as much as possible, can often bring h/a or even M , especially if I am already in vulnerable state that day.
Many people tell me that this is impossible, that the latest screen (my laptop is just few weeks old and it is not a cheap one) will prevent any glare etc., but my head tells me otherwise.
As a result I often ration myself deliberately, by trying to take long breaks between "sessions".

I am sorry Kate, that this is happening to you too, we are so dependent on our computers these days, it is difficult not to use them when we need to.
I do not use F-book or any such sites, only things that I need to know and this special forum, so it is not easy to cut down on things if I do complex searches etc.
Mini
Mini

Back to top Go down

White background on computer Empty f.lux helps me

Post  Jilly Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:53 pm

Hi Kate,
I too am bothered by how bright most computers are. I found a free downloadable program that really helps me. It is called f.lux and you can easily find it online. It changes the intensity of the computer monitor to coincide with the suns location in the sky (you give your location and the program adjusts for you). It also gets rid of that eerie blue glow. During the day my monitor is brighter than it is at night. When I got a new laptop this program is the first thing that I put on it. Before I put the f.lux on my eyes were feeling strained and my head was starting to hurt. After I got the f.lux program going my eyes instantly felt better and the pain went away. Perhaps this would be of value to you also.

Jilly

Back to top Go down

White background on computer Empty Re: White background on computer

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down