migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ANYONE TRIED THE NEW NERVE DECOMPRESSION SURGERY OR KNOW WHO HAS?

3 posters

Go down

ANYONE TRIED THE NEW NERVE DECOMPRESSION SURGERY OR KNOW WHO HAS? Empty ANYONE TRIED THE NEW NERVE DECOMPRESSION SURGERY OR KNOW WHO HAS?

Post  flo_02472 Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:38 pm

I've been looking for some feedback about the nerve cutting procedure done by a plastic surgeon. The surgery is new and done here in Boston and around some other cities. This operation gives some hope of migraine relief but is considered experimental. I just applied for the program but may not qualify because........??? If anyone has some info about the procedure please email me directly. Thanks. flo@ flo_02472@yahoo.com

flo_02472

Back to top Go down

ANYONE TRIED THE NEW NERVE DECOMPRESSION SURGERY OR KNOW WHO HAS? Empty Re: ANYONE TRIED THE NEW NERVE DECOMPRESSION SURGERY OR KNOW WHO HAS?

Post  Shakil Ahmad Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:57 am

In the year 1977 one doctor cut the nerve between nose and right eye. After 10 to 12 drops he stopped blood. But I am still in migraine. His theory was this that some blood is freezed at this place .This caused migraine. for removal of freezed blood he cut the nerve. and for better circulation of blood. Shakil Ahmad

Shakil Ahmad

Back to top Go down

ANYONE TRIED THE NEW NERVE DECOMPRESSION SURGERY OR KNOW WHO HAS? Empty NERVE DECOMPRESSION SURGERY HAS A FEW SUCESSES BUT..............

Post  flo_02472 Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:18 pm

Where was that done & how long ago? This does not have anything to do with blood flow.

I was told today that if Botox doesn't work to relieve migraine pain then the cutting of the occipital nerve most like won't have a positive effect. The medical proffessional told me to complete the Botox treatments I am taking first. Also some Insurances won't cover the cost of the surgery plus medical expenses associated. Learning more!!

Flo@ flo_02472@yahoo.com

flo_02472

Back to top Go down

ANYONE TRIED THE NEW NERVE DECOMPRESSION SURGERY OR KNOW WHO HAS? Empty Re: ANYONE TRIED THE NEW NERVE DECOMPRESSION SURGERY OR KNOW WHO HAS?

Post  Shakil Ahmad Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:58 am

It is 35 years ago I was young I tried my best to go every where to remove my migraine I met one doctor (in our language HAKEEM ). He told me that some blood between nose and eye make hurdle in circulation of blood. and here pressure of blood arises. and pain starts . He cut the vain or artery (I do not know it is vain or artery ) Blood began to flow. He told me now no hurdle in circulation of blood. My brother was with me. When blood began to flow I was in severe in migrain since morning. He told me some blood from back of the ears but my brother refused to do it. This doctor read this theory in old books and did experiment on me. Some body knows about this method ? Shakil

Shakil Ahmad

Back to top Go down

Post  Laura Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:46 pm

Have you seen this video about patients who had the nerve decompression surgery? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9fVC-dwiTw

My problem is the trigeminal nerve in the face rather than the occipital nerve in back of the head. I was not a candidate for nerve decompression surgery because I did not respond well to nerve blocks injected into the two branches of the trigeminal nerve that are painful for me. But I may be a candidate for a peripheral nerve stimulator.
Laura
Laura

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down