migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spring is on its way!

+7
Paradox
Ivy
xmom
Stillhurtin
Kate
pen
theresae
11 posters

Go down

Spring is on its way! Empty Spring is on its way!

Post  theresae Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:02 pm

HI there, i am fed up with winter,and am looking forward to the spring, but i know that it is the worse time of year for my migraine frequency, last year between feb and may was awful, with another flare up as the summer ended and autum began, i feel stupid for already worrying about it but i cant help it, does anyone else feel like that and how do you deal with it?
theresae
theresae

Back to top Go down

Spring is on its way! Empty Re: Spring is on its way!

Post  pen Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:12 pm

Hi Theresa,
After the autumn and winter we have had, and given I have had an awful 4 months, I cant wait for spring.
MAA insist the unsettled autumn and the dampness with the snow (barometer changes) have screwed a lot of us up in UK.
But, I do understand how you feel. Spring is usually better for me.
Having spoken to MAA. (the know me well there).
If you suffer badly in the spring, they recommend antihistamine.
They reckon the pollen effects the sinus, and many of us dont notice.
A lot of success with this I understand. Sadly I cant tolerate anti-histimines.
And yes I do dread the season changes.

P

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  Kate Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:27 pm

I`m sick of winter too. I`m sooo ready for spring... We`ve had the worst winter this year. Cold, icey, snowy and cloudy.

Kate

Back to top Go down

Post  Stillhurtin Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:35 pm

Fall and winter have been my worst, spring gets a lil better, then summer my best. At least thats the pattern I have found the last 2 years.

I am looking fwd to spring!! Even if my h/a are still bad...I need some sunshine and "outside" weather.
Stillhurtin
Stillhurtin

Back to top Go down

Post  xmom Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:28 pm

I love spring too.. but I get my worst migraines then as well. Go figure! I am ready. So sick of bundling up. Want to be able to just go outside and take a walk!

xmom

Back to top Go down

Post  Ivy Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:17 am

I feel the other way round.
It's still very cold here and winter does not seem to be ending and I'm GLAD about it.
I don't care about the cold and about the ice. I feel better, my head is an happy moment thanks to this continous cold and I don't want it to end Smile
Ivy
Ivy

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:59 am

I usually LOVE winter, but this month has been absolutely brutal on me, the worse I've had for years. A lot of fog, rain, and general yuck sitting stationary.

Myabe this year I'll like the spring!

Charlotte
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Spring is on its way! Empty spring/allergies migraines

Post  magic48 Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:27 am

well i realize now spring is going to be the worst for me...last year was bad feb-may and it looks like a repeat starting a few weeks back...so what does one do for this....my dr. did some allergy testing no results yet...i tried the nasonex but that triggered migraine...i do not tolerate antihistamines so what does one do...any suggestions greatly appreaciated...at least i can say in my mind only 8 weeks to go....and counting.
magic
magic48
magic48

Back to top Go down

Post  LG Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:27 am

magic48 wrote:well i realize now spring is going to be the worst for me...last year was bad feb-may and it looks like a repeat starting a few weeks back...so what does one do for this....my dr. did some allergy testing no results yet...i tried the nasonex but that triggered migraine...i do not tolerate antihistamines so what does one do...any suggestions greatly appreaciated...at least i can say in my mind only 8 weeks to go....and counting.
magic

Try saline spray every day and a humidifier in your home. I find that this helps me. Many many many people SWEAR by those netti pots. I've tried it but quite franky, the whole action of it just freaks me out but apparently it is an all natural option to allergies and works very well. Hope this helps! Smile
LG
LG

Back to top Go down

Post  alli Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:23 pm

I told me daughter yesterday as the third, THIRD!!!! migraine in a week was settling into inhabit my head that I hate Fall, I hate Winter and I hate Spring!

On the other hand, the flowers are blooming, the sky is that awesome blue, the temps are creeping up, the birds are singing and building their nests. Life is moving on. Even with all the pain, Spring is on of my favorite times of year. Definitely a Love/Hate relationship!

Alli
alli
alli

Back to top Go down

Spring is on its way! Empty allergy testing neg? so far

Post  magic48 Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:18 pm

well i live in az and they did a southwest panel and food panel for allergies and all was negative...so any ideas what else can be seasonal? i am so frustrated i just feel if they can figure it out maybe the migraines will let up...or at least i will have answers..

magic
magic48
magic48

Back to top Go down

Post  LG Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:34 pm

Magic,

We are all in this boat sometimes. I often do not know what causes my migraines and I am a chronic sufferer. Without my medication I get them as much as 5X a week for 8-9 hours at a time, sometimes for days without relief of the pain. With medication I get them 3-4X a week for 5-6 hours at a time.

I'm sorry we don't have answers for you but you still can try the saline nasal spray and the humidifier because it does help some of us with the frequency. It is good to try anything and everything just to rule it out because you never know what might help.

Have you kept a migraine/headache journal?

Also...have you studied barometrics as a trigger for your migraines? Maybe the weather is putting you in this rut?

Feel better! I love you
LG
LG

Back to top Go down

Post  estre004 Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:05 am

magic48- I would think Arizona would be good for migraines weatherwise. Weather probably isn't your worst trigger or maybe not a trigger at all. I gave up trying to figure out what causes mine. I get them 2-3 times a week like clockwork. Nothing I do or don't do seems to matter. Hope you find some answers.

estre004

Back to top Go down

Spring is on its way! Empty weather changes

Post  magic48 Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:11 am

i thought about that...but spring time we do have alot of fluctuations...i am going to keep tracking today a storm is moveing out and head feels alot better..and maybe your right i just need to accept they are what they are and who knows why i guess you want an answer so that maybe you can do something to prevent but if its weather not much you can do...

magic
magic48
magic48

Back to top Go down

Post  estre004 Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:52 am

I think hormones and weather are huge triggers, both things we can't do anything about.

estre004

Back to top Go down

Post  theresae Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:43 am

estre004 wrote:I think hormones and weather are huge triggers, both things we can't do anything about.

yeah they are two big triggers for me as well.
theresae
theresae

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum