migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Connections

+2
Migrainegirl
Cookie Monster
6 posters

Go down

Connections Empty Connections

Post  Cookie Monster Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:25 am

Well, I joined this discussion group this week and now I can't seem to stay away. Problem is, it is making me sad. I belong to this group - you all understand my pain so well. But now I feel my pain and your pain too. I have read some of the poems and they make me want to cry. I hear your stories and I want to wave a magic wand and make it better for all of us. I have read such wonderful, supportive messages on here and I want to be wonderful and supportive too. I want to help but I don't want to feel so sad.

Cookie Monster

Back to top Go down

Connections Empty Re: Connections

Post  Migrainegirl Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:57 pm

Please don't feel sad. While it is sad that so many of us are struggling with this,

1) it's also nice to know that you are not alone.
2) When you get weird symptoms , many others can confirm that's normal
3) you can get useful ideas about possible new treatments to try
4) you get good clues about side effects and how to deal with them
5) you can get lots of encouragement to keep trying and not give up after approaches don't work
6) you can get great advice on dealing with the medical and legal systems and life in general
7) you can get good information about the physiology behind the disease, causes and triggers
Cool mostly it is a very supportive group to cheer you up and cheer you on.

We may all be struggling to various degrees, but as a group we can help each other which is far more positive than most of our experiences with friends, family and the medical profession, even when well meaning.
Migrainegirl
Migrainegirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Jewishmother Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:53 pm

Very well said mg..............I know that I get online anytime and find the support that I need. When I am very low I can post on here and let people know and get the feedback and support that I need! This site has so helped me survive day to day and that makes me smile! Very Happy
Jewishmother
Jewishmother

Back to top Go down

Post  BabySeal Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:00 pm

Great reply migraine girl! Again, you took the words out of my mouth... written much better though!!

Don't be sad, we are all in this together Smile And at times I am sure we have all felt the same way.

I have gotten so much great and thorough advice on here, sometimes much more so then at any Dr. office!

BabySeal

Back to top Go down

Connections Empty Connections

Post  Cookie Monster Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:08 pm

You are all very right. I think I was having a bit of an emotional week when I posted that message. I am going to stick around because you seem like such a wonderful group of people and you're right, it's not all sad stories. There are lot of positive messages on this forum.

Cookie Monster

Back to top Go down

Post  Nicole'smom Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:53 am

Cookie Monster,

You seem to be a very empathetic person. It can make life much harder when you feel so deeply for other's. But frankly, I wish more people did! As the others have said, take the positive from the site and occasionally take a break if you need.

I know I have gotten so much from this site: hope, encouragement, ideas and the knowledge that we are not alone in this fight against migraine. But, on the other hand I have gotten discouraged because other's have been struggling so long to find relief. I think that's pretty normal.

Nicole'smom
Nicole'smom

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:43 am

I don't like to keep talking about my migraines to people who don't get them because I think they must get tired of hearing it. But I need to know there are others out there like me so I don't think I'm just over reacting to the pain or anything. When I read others vent, it's almost like I'm venting myself.

This site has been such a boost to me. Hearing what others are going through makes me feel like I'm not in this alone. Seeing what works or doesn't work for other people helps me to make decisions.

As new drugs come out, we are the people who will be trying them and comparing our results. So I think there is strength in joining forces. Hopefuly, together we can have some kind of an impact on migraine care...eventually.

Hang in there and take one day at a time. sunny

-Cathy

Cathy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum