migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Options...

+3
freak032173
tortoisegirl
tdu
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Options... - Page 2 Empty Re: Options...

Post  Migrainegirl Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:29 am

My sister makes these neck coolers that are tubes of cotton fabric with a teaspoon or so of "cracked ice crystals" inside. You make them long enough to tie around your neck. Soak the finished neck cooler in water for an hour or until all the crystals are absorbed with water and wear it. This really helps keep you cool on a hot day. I did go on a multi-day trek with a lot of hiking and I used the neck cooler, along with drinking lots of water. I also wore a bonnet (seriously a pioneer bonnet and full costume lol). I never had any problems during those days of hiking...and it was way hotter than my day on the mountain a few weeks ago!

Jilly, I just finished 2 weeks in Africa on my photo safari. It was amazing. And the best part was I only had one headache the whole time, even though it was very hot and dusty. I think a major reason I did so well was because of the neck cooler I made to take with me. It made a HUGE difference in my ability to handle the heat. Thank you so much for recommending this!! I will definitely use this again in the future.
Migrainegirl
Migrainegirl

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2