migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 month migraine-tossed out of hospital, told to live with it

+7
BillH
Greeneyes
tortoisegirl
mxgo
greent
Anna's Mom
ALittleLoopy
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

2 month migraine-tossed out of hospital, told to live with it - Page 2 Empty Re: 2 month migraine-tossed out of hospital, told to live with it

Post  Guest Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:37 pm

Hi,
this is aweful about your daughter I really feel you all, I might have missed something in your post ,but did you try the yeast free diet for your daughter as I have heard that yeast , candida is big cause for migraines.
just a thought , my thoughts are with you and your daughter x

Back to top Go down

2 month migraine-tossed out of hospital, told to live with it - Page 2 Empty Re: 2 month migraine-tossed out of hospital, told to live with it

Post  Brenda Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:15 pm

I read your initial post, but am not feeling well enough to read both pages of responses. Please forgive me if I go over something that was already discussed.

First off, welcome to the forum. This place is my saving grace and has been for years. It's a great place to come for new ideas, or support and a sympathetic ear.

Has your daughter been placed on any type of preventive medications? Many people have results with things like beta blockers (propranolol) or some anti=depressants (like amitriptyline) or anti-seizure medications (like Topamax). Personally, I'm using the propranolol and amitrypline combo right now. I can't say it's worked wonders, but I think I'm better with them than without. Many of us who frequent this board are very "difficult cases" that don't represent the best possible outcome.

Don't necessarily give up on all triptains because Imitrex didn't work for her. Personally, I find that most oral medications don't work well for me. My stomach goes into stasis during a migraine and they don't dissolve. I find that while the Imitrex tablets and nasal spray don't help me at all, the Imitrex injections work pretty well. My doctor also gave me Nalbuphine (pain medication) injections to use because he doesn't want me using the Imitrex more than two days a week. Fortunately, he trusts me enough to give me pain meds, and he's a cluster headache sufferer so he knows how I feel.

Your daughter is very fortunate to have you in her corner trying to find answers. Sometimes just knowing that there is someone out there who cares can make the world of difference. I truly hope that your daughter finds something that helps and her pain breaks soon. Someone that age (or any age really) shouldn't have to deal with such severe constant pain.
Brenda
Brenda

Back to top Go down

2 month migraine-tossed out of hospital, told to live with it - Page 2 Empty From California

Post  spasticherogirl Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:31 pm

I moved back to Sacramento in November of 2003 and started having random health problems. I eventually was on 3 medications for asthma, a daily med for migraines (none of the rescue meds worked), a pain med for when I got a migraine despite the daily med... O and a rescue inhaler. I hate taking a daily prescription, I am currently 30 and I don't think I should have to be on anything! Anyway, I moved to CO in Nov 2006. My migraines stopped almost completely (although I'm laying in bed fighting one right now) and I have no breathing problems. I am a fourth generation Sacramento native and my theory is that my body can't compensate for the conditions in the valley. I had my one and only asthma attack while living in truckee, all the air from the valley gets blown up the Sierras and sits in truckee.

A little loopy I'm so sorry about your daughter! Have you thought about moving to the high desert? It did wonders for me... I live in western Colorado, we get a little snow but 300 days of sunshine a year. Something to look into maybe?

The migraines I get here, don't last days, and they go away if I go to bed. I am very lucky at this time! I have been considering going back on my daily migraine med but they have not reached a point I can't bear, yet.

Please keep us posted on your daughter's progress!
Adasa

spasticherogirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2