migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3-day migraine one week post-Botox

5 posters

Go down

3-day migraine one week post-Botox Empty 3-day migraine one week post-Botox

Post  Sunny Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:35 pm

I'm trying so hard not to be discouraged. My hopes were so high, and I'd had 5 really good days in a row. The doctor told me that it might take 2 weeks to kick in, or possibly even two sessions (my next one is in November), so I keep trying to remind myself of that. It's hard not to feel down when I am in so much pain, though. We leave tomorrow for a family vacation we've had planned for years. I've been useless for the last 3 days, and I have so much to do.

Those 5 days were such a tease. It reminded me of what it felt like to be normal, and it felt so, so good. I made dinner for my family, I went for a run, I laid in the hammock and read a good book, I smiled, I braided my daughter's hair, I enjoyed a good conversation with my best friend. Simple things, but I had such immense joy!

We're going to Disney World, my girls' dream come true. I'm trying not to be negative, but I keep thinking: airplane, heat, bright sun, crowds, noise, amusement parks= perfect migraine recipe.
I'm going to try with all that I have in me to make this a memorable trip for my daughters. Thankfully my husband is very supportive and knows if I need a break, I need a break. I will not punish myself and make things worse.

I hope the rest of you are having a good week. I think of all of you often.

Sunny

Back to top Go down

3-day migraine one week post-Botox Empty Re: 3-day migraine one week post-Botox

Post  Migrainegirl Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:52 pm

Take a good pair of earplugs for the plane, a big hat and glasses for the sun, and drink lots of water and hope for the best. It's better not to push yourself too hard and get sick, so give yourself plenty of breaks and sit in the shade or AC when you can. Good luck!
Migrainegirl
Migrainegirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Tamsha101 Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:09 pm

Have a great trip! I'm thinking nothing but positive thoughts for you!

Tamsha101

Back to top Go down

3-day migraine one week post-Botox Empty sunny

Post  Guest Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:17 pm

Your post almost brought tears to my eyes. I hope you have a very good trip. And your daughters too! I truly hope all goes well for you. I'm sending positive vibrations your way!! G.

Back to top Go down

Post  Matilda Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:06 am

I am due for Botox injections next week and I have started to get Migraines again. I find it really hard when you get a migraine and you haven't had one for a while, so I can totally relate. It is nice to have a break every now and again, but when you get them back again you have to start trying to cope all over again.

Hopefully you have a great vacation.

Matilda

Back to top Go down

3-day migraine one week post-Botox Empty BOTOX ROUND ONE AND>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Post  flo_02472 Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:41 pm

[i][b]Np relief even with continued medication. I wake with the headaches and fight them all day with medication & rest; sometimes my dark bedroom. I have been through many treatments even a brain operation to no avail. I am afraid to put any hope in Botox injections but so far since the first round on 8/5 all I've gotton that is new is soreness at the injection site. Crying or Very sad Please email me if you have luck or not with Botox. If I have luck you all will hear from me!

flo_2472@yahoo,com Rolling Eyes

flo_02472

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down