migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Getting painless migraine again

2 posters

Go down

Getting painless migraine again Empty Getting painless migraine again

Post  Mini Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:10 am

In the last few days I am getting a strange painless migraines, again.

It starts with a prodrome when I get extremely sleepy - I am walking into walls, I don't know what I am doing - (despite sleeping soundly at night) then the visual disturbance begins - I feel "blinded" for a while, I cannot see because my filed of vision is severely restricted, then black and white zigzagzcs begin to float getting bigger against my field of vision moving from left to right.

It is at this point that I wonder if I should take Imitrex/Imigran in case my migraine starts, but I resist, hoping this will be the painless migraine again.
So far no pain, so I don't think I will take it...

I take a risk and decide not to...So far, so good.
Of course I might regret it later, but it was the same y-day and I did not get any migraineonly went to sleep for about two hours, as I could not fight sleepiness any more. When I woke up I did have a very mild h/a, but it soon went away.

I hope it will be the same today. Although this is all rather unsettling, and I know that I should not drive when I am like this, I will have it any time, rather then pain. I hate pain! Any pain. I resent it deeply.

Mini
Mini

Back to top Go down

Getting painless migraine again Empty strange painless migraines

Post  dizzyflower Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:50 am

Hi Mini

Sorry you are going through these things too. Really it is only a question of waiting to see if it does turn into pain I think and waiting for an identifyable pattern to identify when is the right time. it might be worth trying to make a log of symptoms, every half hour, which even if it is hard to read like mine was proved useful to the neurologist.

My experience is that I can have migraine just like this that doesn't turn into a big headache or intense pain, but the other symptoms are such a nuisance that I cannot function.

I was given the impression that because of the type of migraine I get that meds that you have to take at the right time were not going to be very helpful because they only deal with pain, so am currently on the zonegran route. I have given up worrying if it will turn into the occasional intense pain because unfortunately I get the other stuff daily.

Sorry if this isn't much use but I wanted to try. Hope you get some relief from it soon.

best wishes.

Di

dizzyflower

Back to top Go down

Getting painless migraine again Empty Re: Getting painless migraine again

Post  Mini Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:30 am

Thank you for your feedback Di, fortuantely it did not trun into migraine yesterday, nor today, but I ma still in a daze of sleepiness and cannot concentrate on anything, even reading and understanding your suggestions.
I will have to read them again with more clear mind. It is so embarassing. If anyone was to talk to me now they woudl think I must have been drinking, since I am in a fog.
No aura today though.

Still I cannt help feeling guilty compalining since I know how much other people suffer and I am not in pain. I am just puzzled what is causing it.
Thank you for taking trouble to write, Di.
Mini
Mini

Back to top Go down

Getting painless migraine again Empty Re: Getting painless migraine again

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down