migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

do you always get a M when

+2
chrissygirl
mattie
6 posters

Go down

do you always get a M when  Empty do you always get a M when

Post  mattie Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:08 pm

Do you always get a migraine when you know you have to be somewhere important? I have two neighbors that passed away this week. Both funeral visitations are today & wouldn't you know I get a M. I am so stressed about being in all the perfume & flower scents & am sure that brought on the M. I'm wondering how will I ever get through this day & act normal? thanks.

mattie

Back to top Go down

do you always get a M when  Empty Re: do you always get a M when

Post  chrissygirl Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:29 pm

YES, YES and YES. All the time. I am trying to teach myself to relax and not get to worked up over what may or may not happen. Its hard.

chrissygirl

Back to top Go down

Post  mattie Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:23 pm

Thanks for reply. I made it but thought I would die before it was over. Now it's time to try getting the perfume smell our of my hair & clothes. This makes me more sure than ever I don't want a funeral.

mattie

Back to top Go down

Post  Tamsha101 Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:54 am

I usually get a M after the fact. I had a funeral to go to last month and I was okay until a day later and then whammo!

Tamsha101

Back to top Go down

Post  Chucky Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:52 pm

Tamsha101 wrote:I usually get a M after the fact. I had a funeral to go to last month and I was okay until a day later and then whammo!

^^ myself as well. Like my body is trained to get me through the important event / stress, but once it's done and the stress starts wears off, it'll hit me. On the other hand sometimes it's the opposite - which makes it unpredictable.

Chucky

Back to top Go down

Post  dcook60 Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:24 am

really, i've always hated it when people/friends try to blame my migraines on stress. everyone has stress, and we couldn't live without it, either. it's called eustress; the good kind.

with me at least, it's the PERFUMED PEOPLE. chemical smells are the worst. don't let anyone kid you that perfume is made of flowers.....in the long-distant past, maybe, but now there are thousands of chemicals making the smell.

flowers, unless they are really overpowering, like lots of lilacs or easter lilies, are "natural" and don't bother me. of course, there's always the fact that flowers are soaked in pesticides.......

sometimes i take a prophylactic maxalt before i have to attend a gathering where there are likely to be smelly people. and sometimes it helps. dianne
dcook60
dcook60

Back to top Go down

Post  mamak Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:04 pm

I used to...not so much anymore since I've been on the Topamax. I DO still get them if I'm extremely stressed or have been crying. Very strong chemical smells will do it as well...I could never work in the cosmetics section of a department store (or anywhere NEAR it) or even in the "bulk foods" section of a grocery store (where they have the spices or candy in bulk and you "scoop" it into bags) because the combination of scents not only triggers a migraine, it makes me nauseous. I used to hate it when I was younger because I would go to the mall with my friends and there was a store called "Buy the Weigh" that sold candy, coffee, and spices in bulk and I could never go in there because even if I tried just breathing through my mouth, it never ended well Sad

Does anyone else have trouble with 3D movies? What about the 4D rides at amusement parks? I can't handle either of those.

mamak

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum