migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

could I have thyroid problems as well as migraine?

Go down

could I have thyroid problems as well as migraine? Empty could I have thyroid problems as well as migraine?

Post  dizzyflower Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:38 am

Untill recently I have not considered that some of the symptoms that I put down to migraine could be part of something else but was wondering if this sounds familiar with any of you that have more than one thing going on. I am getting desperate to find some answers now so I can go back to work which is probably making this worse.

untill taking Zonegran the migraine symptoms seemed to be all together, the confusion, neck ache, feeling sick in the morning and intensity of visual disturbance has reduced, but hasn't touched any of the other symptoms. Wheras before I rarely got headache with the aura symptoms I now get piercing pain a few times a week. I still talk inside out in the evenings.

The bits that I wonder about thyroid or something similar are.

Dizziness - which used to accompany confusion. It doesn't accompany panic but does accompany exhaustion which hits when walking. Yet on a good day I can workin the garden doing hard work - cutting hedges etc I struggle to walk and know where my feet are and my body feels like it is made of lead on other days. I don't overdo things the day before this strikes so no obvious explanations.

tiredness - I can sleep till lunchtime and hapily go to bed at 9 although I avoid doing this but it is a struggle.

feeling cold.

pins and needles

dry skin

water retention - go up 2 dress sizes in 48hrs then back down over 2 weeks inc face and hands

last years blood tests came out normal by the way

bone mass density is a bit low too.

I have found that there are some co morbid conditions out there which I think I asked about, but which in your instincts should I be attributing to migraine, and should I be searching for something else as an underlying cause? I ask this because I know that some of you have looked into really bad thyroid isssues and my instincts at the moment are telling me that my hunches are not going to be taken seriously, so wondered if this rings any bells.

yours hopefully

Di

dizzyflower

Back to top Go down