migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Celtic Sea Salt??

+2
scarbrough987
janmil1213
6 posters

Go down

Celtic Sea Salt?? Empty Celtic Sea Salt??

Post  janmil1213 Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:51 am

Has anyone out there tried & had any positive results from using Celtic Sea Salt?? I just heard about & would like to give it a shot, but I was hoping for some input first! Any & all opinions would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks in advance!!! Rolling Eyes

janmil1213

Back to top Go down

Celtic Sea Salt?? Empty hi there:

Post  Guest Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:06 pm

What do you do with it? Drink it? Bath in it? Smile

Back to top Go down

Celtic Sea Salt?? Empty Re: Celtic Sea Salt??

Post  scarbrough987 Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:27 am

My MIL made me drink a gallon of water with a certain kind of sea salt in it everyday for a while but I just couldn't do it for very long it was just too much, I didn't have any success in the short amount of time that I tried it and I don't remember for sure what kind it was or if it is even what you are talking about. Sorry that probably doesn't help!

scarbrough987

Back to top Go down

Post  dcook60 Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:20 am

a new sure-fire remedy, eh? well, salt is salt. if a person is mineral-deficient, these expensive salts might help your body, but i very much doubt it's going to be the cure for your head.

personally, i have used only a brand of "natural" mineral salt called REAL SALT for years and years. you can see the little pink and dark flecks in it and guests all wonder "what the he**"? this one is saltier than regular supermarket salt, and i use about 1/2 the amount for all purposes.

i'm pretty sure anything is better than a commercial mined salt, with the additives in there like sugar and who knows what else. dianne
dcook60
dcook60

Back to top Go down

Post  Mini Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:34 pm

I agree this is probably one of these fad "remedies".

You are right salt is salt. The only difference might be is that the sea salt might possible contain some iodine, and perhaps this might make a difference to people with iodine deficiency, but this is just a wild guess.

Besides any unauthorised use of salt should be questioned, since we are always told how bad salt is for us, and specially our blood pressure, so I would never try to experiment with it, by taking big doess of salt on regular basis.

It looks to me, as if it is just another form of SPAM here.
Mini
Mini

Back to top Go down

Post  janmil1213 Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:45 am

From what I've read, not only does it have sodium in it, it also has potassium, magnesium, iron & other minerals that I tend to be depleted of from vomiting or not being able to eat. I was hospitalized a few months ago & my sodium & potassium were almost completely bottomed out, not to mention I was SEVERELY dehydrated ( I'm sure some of us have dealt with that). I have an appt w/my neuro at the end of the month at which time I'm going to discuss it with him - I'll keep you all posted. Thanks for all your replies - keep 'em coming & thnks again!

Here's wishing all a pain free day.................................

janmil1213

Back to top Go down

Post  lissy Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:57 am

I tried adding celtic sea salt to my water for a few weeks. I too seem to always be dehydrated no matter how much I drink but this didn't really seem to help. Have a go and see what happens! Can't hurt.
lissy
lissy

Back to top Go down

Celtic Sea Salt?? Empty celtic sea salt

Post  dizzyflower Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:48 am

I think too that it is the iodine that is supposed to be beneficial. I think ordinary mined table salt doesn't have it so it used to be added but they stopped doing it or something, so sea salt is better for us, however as it isn't the only way of getting iodine I won't be rushing out to buy celtic sea salt. If we drink enough water during the day we shouldn't need to add anything to help us rehydrate ourselves. adding salt I think is good if you are dehydrated and need to help your body rehydrate fast, but it isn't something I personally would do on a regular basis because it has other health risks that they warned about over 50 years ago.

best wishes Di

dizzyflower

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum