migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

to: Dr. larry robbins re: i just read in your post...

2 posters

Go down

to:  Dr. larry robbins re:  i just read in your post... Empty to: Dr. larry robbins re: i just read in your post...

Post  Guest Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:22 pm

Hi Dr. Robbins: I just read in one of your posts that Petadolex is the best herb for migraine prevention. I have tried Swanson's Butterbur with no effect. Would it be worth a try to try Petadolex? Or, is this simply the same thing under a brand name? Please get back. Thanks: G.

Back to top Go down

to:  Dr. larry robbins re:  i just read in your post... Empty Re: to: Dr. larry robbins re: i just read in your post...

Post  tdu Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:12 am

gailgigi wrote:Hi Dr. Robbins: I just read in one of your posts that Petadolex is the best herb for migraine prevention. I have tried Swanson's Butterbur with no effect. Would it be worth a try to try Petadolex? Or, is this simply the same thing under a brand name? Please get back. Thanks: G.

While I use Petadolex brand (I posted in the thread you refer to), I am going to guess that he was likely using Petadolex as a broad term for the higher quality Butterbur supplements.

On paper, most of the high quality Butterbur supplements seem pretty much the same. I stick with Petadolex because I have had some success with it, and the one time I tried another brand, the frequency of the headaches went up again. It could have been a lot of other factors, but I am playing it safe and staying with that I know seems to help. Even if it costs a bit more.

tdu

Back to top Go down

to:  Dr. larry robbins re:  i just read in your post... Empty Hi: tdu

Post  Guest Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:24 am

thanks for the info. I wonder, how do you know what is a "high quality" butterbur? By the price I'm guessing? Gail I was using Swanson. It is very cheap in price.

Back to top Go down

to:  Dr. larry robbins re:  i just read in your post... Empty Re: to: Dr. larry robbins re: i just read in your post...

Post  tdu Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:03 pm

gailgigi wrote:thanks for the info. I wonder, how do you know what is a "high quality" butterbur? By the price I'm guessing? Gail I was using Swanson. It is very cheap in price.

You can only really go by the label information, and if it's a reputable brand I guess. It's tough with supplements.

tdu

Back to top Go down

Post  lrobb98 Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:42 pm

I only trust the Petadolex brand(Weber and Weber, out of Germany)...they highly regulate it in Germany, and each little cap is about the same..they also, most importantly, regulate the amount of the compound we do not want(it could be carcinogenic) in Petadolex, which butterbur still has...so, I would not recommend butterbur, just Petadolex brand...But, if butterbur did not work, Petadolex probably will not either....
We have quite a bit of new material, and on my blog, on http://www.headachedrugs.com Larry Robbins,M.D. Northbrook, Ill

lrobb98

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down