migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need better attitude before see new doc

3 posters

Go down

Need better attitude before see new doc Empty Need better attitude before see new doc

Post  Jewishmother Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:15 pm

Saw my regular neuro last week and she is referring me on to another neuro at a headache clinic b/c she wants me to try botox........I am certainly willing to consider it but not very excited to see another doc b/c it takes lots of work for me to establish trust etc... I called the clinic yesterday to make an appointment and said I wanted to make a new patient appointment and that I was being referred by my neuro and before I could tell them my name she first asked me several questions starting off with what kind of insurance I had. That question was followed by other insurance questions, ss #, address etc.... I think the 6th or 7th question was to ask my name. I was also told that I needed to download their new patient forms and if I did not have them correctly filled out when I came for my appointment they would have to cancel. So..........I may be over-sensitive here but it takes a lot for me to drag myself in to see someone new and I now have this chip on my shoulder that I have to get rid of before Friday! Just needed to vent!

Jewishmother
Jewishmother

Back to top Go down

Need better attitude before see new doc Empty Re: Need better attitude before see new doc

Post  dcook60 Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:03 pm

this kind of treatment makes me FURIOUS. no, you are surely not being over-sensitive. they were totally compassion-free at this office, imho.

i've found in my multitudes of first-visit medical appointments through many years, that the office personnel can make all the difference in whether you go back to that doctor, or not. friendly is good; demanding is not. imho.

i really hope that the new doc is nicer than his front office people. please do let us know. dianne
dcook60
dcook60

Back to top Go down

Need better attitude before see new doc Empty Re: Need better attitude before see new doc

Post  Brenda Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:11 am

WOW, so the fact that you're in so much pain so often doesn't matter to them unless you're able to DOWNLOAD their forms and fill them out correctly? That's absolutely insane. I thought it was bad enough when doctors send the 10 page packet to you to fill out. I've never had one threaten to cancel an appointment if it wasn't done. I'm furious for you. I'm afraid if it was me, I'd be calling your regular neuro and telling her to find you someone more reasonable and sympathetic to your situation. That's BS!

By the way. I just realized that I'm typing from my unhappy hormonal PMS week. Take what I say with a grain of salt. I tend to be a bitch on wheels days like this. haha
Brenda
Brenda

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down