migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

botox, day 3

3 posters

Go down

botox, day 3 Empty botox, day 3

Post  susan99 Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:47 pm

hi all,

today's my third day after my first round of botox. sore, more headachey/migrainey and neck/shoulder pain. comes in spurts. last week was not a good week for me pain-wise already unfortunately, before i went in on friday for the treatments.

have seen more botox posts here the last couple of months. wonder how you all are doing? also wonder if other's who've had some success with botox have also had increased pain initially?

thanks!
susan

susan99

Back to top Go down

botox, day 3 Empty Re: botox, day 3

Post  stephgood Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:55 am

the first few days can be rough. I usually take 5mg oxycodone right before the injections and ibuprofen later that night. I take the ibuprofen the next day too. You will get more used to it though. I was just in June 2nd and I really wasn't too sore. Eventually you may want to talk to your doctor about using the same amount of Botox, but less volume in the mixer. This has mad e aworld of difference to me. Much less swelling at the sites, and much less soreness! Good Luck, hope it works well for you!
stephgood
stephgood

Back to top Go down

Post  susan99 Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:15 pm

thanks! interesting about the mixer!

susan99

Back to top Go down

Post  jwar Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:29 pm

I just got Botox for my second time last Thursday. It triggered a 3-day long HELLISH migraine. Last time I got about a day and a half of migraine after it. Last time, however, this was followed by 10 solid days of not a whiff of pain. Then I had random migraines that went away easily with meds. I am finally on day 2 of no headache.

I think the first few days are just always going to suck. Don't give up hope! Give it a week.
jwar
jwar

Back to top Go down

Post  susan99 Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:46 am

thanks for the encouragement! it was majorly sucking but have had some reduction in the increased pain over the last day or so. feels like a good sign. but then last night i woke up in the middle of the night for an hour or so before was able to get back to sleep. have felt all fuzzy since got up this morning, you know that maybe-i'll-get-a-migraine feeling thing, probably from the sleep disturbance. darn!!!

susan99

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum