migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I was posting this for Marc but....

4 posters

Go down

I was posting this for Marc but.... Empty I was posting this for Marc but....

Post  survivor Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:33 am

I see he hasn't been on here in a month. Is he okay? I stop by occasionally to read but haven't posted in quite a while. I hope everyone is doing as well as they can.

I thought Marc would get a kick out of my current news.
I can't post this on FB because it is a secret from my family but.....

I am getting a 2012 Mustang! cheers bounce Very Happy

I am so very jazzed about this. drunken

This car is so stinking HOT! bom

I have wanted one for years and this IS IT!

My husband had been dragging his feet about it but we saw a commercial the other night and he said, "You really want that, don't you?" When I said yes he said, "Well, you better call John (the car salesman we have bought several cars from) and tell him to order it for you."

Aren't I a lucky woman??? queen

survivor

Back to top Go down

I was posting this for Marc but.... Empty Re: I was posting this for Marc but....

Post  Paradox Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:01 pm

Woo hoo..yes indeedy you are a lucky woman!

What color is it?
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

I was posting this for Marc but.... Empty Re: I was posting this for Marc but....

Post  Guest Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:49 pm

Congrats Survivor!

Once you get your Mustang, get a real good coat of wax on it and keep it looking shiney!

And I hope you went for a Shelby GT package!

If not, they are really fun cars.

Again congrats!
-mgb

Back to top Go down

Post  survivor Sun May 01, 2011 9:07 am

Alas, Marc, finanaces keep the Shelby GT out of my range. But with the base V8 making 412HP and being right up there with a BMW M4 I think I can be happy with it.

Besides, how silly is a woman in her mid 40s going to look in a Shelby?

My boys are going to be so happy with Mama. The fact they are grown and out of the house helps with this decision!

survivor

Back to top Go down

Post  mxgo Sun May 01, 2011 9:41 am

Congratulations on getting a Mustang! It is one of the few cars, on the road today, that you can readily identify. To me, it has great lines.

I do like the horsepower numbers on the Mustang. There is nothing silly about driving a Shelby Mustang, regardless of age. If you go to a muscle car show, you will notice that it is mostly older people who drive these cars; much older than mid-forties. My brother is 77 years old and he drives a 350ZX.

Martin
mxgo
mxgo

Back to top Go down

Post  survivor Sun May 01, 2011 10:36 am

mxgo wrote:Congratulations on getting a Mustang! It is one of the few cars, on the road today, that you can readily identify. To me, it has great lines.

I do like the horsepower numbers on the Mustang. There is nothing silly about driving a Shelby Mustang, regardless of age. If you go to a muscle car show, you will notice that it is mostly older people who drive these cars; much older than mid-forties. My brother is 77 years old and he drives a 350ZX.

Martin

The reason older folks drive those cars is because they are the ones that have cash to spare for the insurance and for a "fun" car to spare. I am keeping my Explorer to drive when I don't want to take the Mustang out.

survivor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun May 01, 2011 8:33 pm

survivor,

i'm plenty sure you will have fun driving your mustang around. must like martin said a lot of drivers of these cars are older, and quite friendly.

i'll take out the 911 out on a nice sunday evening for a drive in the summer--and everyone waves. only a few boneheads try to play games, then they find out what at Flat 6 will do to their cars. it's fun to bait these idiots. i don't condone street racing at all--very dangerous. but you can egg these morons into speed traps pretty easily and they get pulled over--and you get to wave sayanora suckers.

with the speeds these cars can get to it's hard to open them up. on a really clear highway stretch i can get into some good speed--absolutely needed to blow out the cobwebs--aka an Italian Tune-Up.

one of the most fun things you can do is go for a driver's school to teach you how to drive these cars--absolute blast. also, keep an eye out for the Mustang Challenge series of races that snakes its way through the tracks in the U.S. in the spring and summer. those are fun to watch.

yeehaw!

Back to top Go down

Post  Mianna Tue May 03, 2011 12:28 pm

ENJOY.......BIG TIME!! Good for you! Love what your hubby said to you and how he told you to 'make the call!" Give him kudos from me!

Mianna
Mianna

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down