migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

from an ER blog i read daily

3 posters

Go down

from an ER blog i read daily Empty from an ER blog i read daily

Post  dcook60 Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:05 am

"The first thing one learns in clinical medicine is to listen to nursing. No matter your title, they will always know more than you do and they are never shy about straightening you out.
The best a good doctor can do is ask a nurse “What do you suggest?”

this was written by an ER doc who described his depressing experience of doing CPR on a 64-yr old lady who was already almost gone, having been found in a snowbank and not breathing. IF ONLY our doctors could be this humble, and admit they don't know it all...........

this post hasn't much to do with migraines, but does bring to mind the kind of medical practitioners we all need. compassionate listeners. so few and far between, in my experience. dianne
dcook60
dcook60

Back to top Go down

from an ER blog i read daily Empty Re: from an ER blog i read daily

Post  Greeneyes Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:50 pm

Compassion is a true gift that we should give everyone..and for it to be given freely. We need to remember that they didn't make us..that was God..they have been gifted with an ability to diagnosis and maybe treat you, but the compassion can be zilch to none..Depends on the doctor.

I've actually had my neurologist who dropped me because my migraines were intractable and he had tried everything..I'm quoting him..I don't know what else to do..so now my internist treats me..along with the fibromyalgia..and kidney junk. Told her I was still hurting.her suggestion was for me to start a regular exercise program...grrr. If I feel a little better..I do all that I can because I don't know when the occasion will come up again..you guys know this.
Greeneyes
Greeneyes

Back to top Go down

Post  Migrainegirl Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:31 pm

My husband always asks the nurse for her opinion and seeks out nurses when he needs a referral to a good doctor. His opinion is that they really know how doctors treat their patients, much more so than other doctors who tend to know each other socially. Both his mother and sister are nurses. I have to say this logic has paid off well in the past.
Migrainegirl
Migrainegirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down