migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I can't THINK!

3 posters

Go down

I can't THINK! Empty I can't THINK!

Post  amy Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:49 am

My thinking capacity (never strong) has gotten so much worse over the past couple of months. I can't remember, concentrate,decide,etc.

Who else struggles with this? Ant suggestions?

I take zonegran as a preventative and the usual array (imitrex,relpax,phenergan, a pain killer whose name i can't remember).

Thanks!

amy
amy

Back to top Go down

I can't THINK! Empty Re: I can't THINK!

Post  amy Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:52 am

That is ANY suggestions, not ant suggestions - don't need any insects, thank you.
amy
amy

Back to top Go down

Post  kimsmom Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:46 am

Amy I do not know if this will help but I started being "forgetful" in my upper 40's. Not too bad but over the years I have had to do things to help myself remember. I am not sure if it is the migraines/headaches which I have chronic dailies or if it is age related.

Sometimes it has to do with having too much on my plate at that time. I will send myself emails to help me remember to do things as well as write things down on my calander by my desk up on the wall. I remember also taking a small piece of papter and writting down things and stapleing it around the strap of my purse so I would remember to do it that evening whatever it was.

As far as concentrating I think my worst was in school when the teachers were talking about boring stuff. lol My mind does wander as I am sure everyones does. I need quiet most of the time if I really need to concentrate. Maybe there are some foods that help in that area. I remember hearing to eat protein before a test cause it helps with concentration.

I only take pain killers for my headaches because preventatives do not work for me. I have tried a whole bunch of them. I do not know the side effects of what you are taking. Sometimes they can make you lose your thoughts like nortriptalen (sp) did for me years ago.

Good luck and I hope I helps some. Hopefully more people will post and help you out more.

kimsmom
kimsmom
kimsmom

Back to top Go down

Post  mattie Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:00 am

When I took Neurontin as a preventive it made my memory much worse. The neuro also told me that having migraines for years could also effect memory.

What I find strange is my thinking seems more clear during a migraine. I think it must be because the blood vessels are dilated at that time.

I keep an ongoing list of things I need to remember.

mattie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum