migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cambia-anyone tried it?

4 posters

Go down

Cambia-anyone tried it? Empty Cambia-anyone tried it?

Post  30yrsofheadache Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:08 pm

It is an NSAID in a powdered form that you mix with water and drink. Zoe's Dr. prescribed it for her today. I love this Dr. If anyone lives near Northern VA, I highly reccomend this group. Every time we go in he has at least 4 new things to try. I am not easily impressed by Neuros, but this ones a keeper.

Even the receptionist is nice. She took one look at Zoe as we were leaving and told her not to worry. She said she can call anytime and at least get in to see a PA. She also said "We dont let anyone suffer"! I have been to at least 8 Neuros and I never heard that.

Really hoping something will break this cycle for her. She has missed more school that she has been to lately. Tried Migranol today-no help. She is starting on Pamelor today, which makes me really nervous about the depression. Guess I got a little off track. Its been a long day (I had 9 tubes of blood drawn to start the day).
Hugs,
Cindy
30yrsofheadache
30yrsofheadache

Back to top Go down

Cambia-anyone tried it? Empty Re: Cambia-anyone tried it?

Post  Paradox Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:43 pm

Yes, it works very well for my back too. If I catch the head early it works but if I wake up with it no. Good luck!
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  30yrsofheadache Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:41 am

Thanks, Charlotte. That may not work for Zoe, then. Her normal is to wake up with them. Last night she took the first Pamelor. For fatigue he gave her an ADHD med for morning. We tried it before, but she had total insomnia. He has adusted the dose, so we'll see.Did you have any stomach trouble with the Cambia?
Hugs.
Cindy
30yrsofheadache
30yrsofheadache

Back to top Go down

Post  sailingmuffin Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:59 am

Hi,

I haven't tried Cambia, but it sounds like a great thing to try. When I was on a trip in Austria and staying with a host family, I got a bad migraine. At the pharmacy they gave me something you dissolve in water for pain- it worked really well. It was described as aspirin, but it was far more powerful and better than any aspirin I had before. At the pharmacy there, the doctor's daughter did the talking. I hope it helps your daughter.

Also, I lived in Northern Virginia while I was at Divinity School. The neurologist I saw there waas wonderfull, as was his group. He was the one who figured out the IV Depakan after trying various things for several days. If it is the same group- you have really won. They are keepers.

Pain free days,
sailingm

sailingmuffin
sailingmuffin

Back to top Go down

Post  30yrsofheadache Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:17 am

Sailing, I wish we had been able to meet when you lived here. Good to know about the medicine. I hope it is the same thing. Did you see Dr. Stark? We are seeing one of his associates, Dr. Kaslaw.Very nice and caring man. I hope your problems at home are working themselves out. I understand all too well how hard it is for a Mom and daughter who both suffer from painful conditions to help each other.
Hugs,
Cindy
30yrsofheadache
30yrsofheadache

Back to top Go down

Post  sailingmuffin Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:40 pm

Yes, I saw Dr. Stark. He was so wonderful- willing to work with my neuro in Alabama. I saw one of his partners in the hospital once and she was great too. They really didn't want anyone to suffer at all- no trouble getting pain relief from them. If I lived closer now, I would still see him. They are terrific. So glad your daughter is getting some help and hopefully, relief.

Pain free days,
sailingm
sailingmuffin
sailingmuffin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rachel328 Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:15 pm

I just got Cambia from my neuro last month at my visit. She said it was new, so shed like to try it on my 18-month migraine. It has helped a little. It will bring a 10 down to a 9 and a 9 down to an 8. For me, it's a big deal.

I love the delivery system. It gets to work much quicker than a pill. The only med I found that worked faster was the Maxalt melt.

Rachel

Rachel328

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum