migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First Meeting with PFO Trial Neurologist

3 posters

Go down

First Meeting with PFO Trial Neurologist Empty First Meeting with PFO Trial Neurologist

Post  Enigma Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:44 pm

I've done the research and asked the question and I'm moving forward as I said I would. Tomorrow I have a meeting with the Trial neurologist at the university to see if I qualify further. The next appointment after this is to see if I do actually have the hole in my heart. And then there is a series of other appointments. I will keep you all posted as I go. This may all end tomorrow, or at the testing of the heart, who knows.

I had a screamer of a migraine these last 3 days and while I had a shower this evening, I broke down and cried. It wasn't a pity party, but rather a fear of disappointment. The fear of a let down. I am so absolutely sick and tired of this miserable disease that is getting worse and now before me is a glimmer of hope. But my god, how many times have I been here before. How many times have I tried something only to find out that the 'maybe'hasn't worked or just 'DOESN"T WORK FOR ME'' . I stand vulnerable before a big fat maybe.

Well, I move forward. It is an hour and a half drive to the University and I will be seeing my first Neurologist. My first opportunity to see a neurologist and I am 49 years old and I've been suffering since I was a child. How sad is that. What a sad disease this is.

Wish me luck that I pass the first appointment, that I have a hole in my heart, that I don't get the placebo and that this works like it has for others.
Enigma
Enigma

Back to top Go down

First Meeting with PFO Trial Neurologist Empty Re: First Meeting with PFO Trial Neurologist

Post  Mule Kick Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:17 pm

Wishing you Good Luck Exclamation
Mule Kick
Mule Kick

Back to top Go down

First Meeting with PFO Trial Neurologist Empty Re: First Meeting with PFO Trial Neurologist

Post  Mini Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:03 am

I am so sorry about your pain and distress. The frustration we feel, the lack of control over lives due to this condition, makes us all vulnearble in such cases.
But we live in hope andl try, and try, and try to do something about it, in odrer to make some difference.
This is one more try - and let's hope that the Neurologist will find your suitable for treatemt, but as you know this procedure is not right for everyone.
It is no wonder you feel so nervous and vulnerable - it is natural to feel like this, since so much depends on the outcome.I totally empathise with your feeling, like this.

But as you said, this is just one stage in the process, and you need to take it as it comes, since the stress connected is probably causing you these monster migraines at the moment.

Remember, that migraine is never static condition things change, pain levels change, there are other options. So there is alwasy hope even if we are worried and dispirited from time to time.

You might even get the good news.
In meanitme, I wish you all the best.
Let us know how you get on.
Good luck.

Mini
Mini

Back to top Go down

Post  Enigma Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:11 pm

The meeting went well. She was surprised this was my first Neuro visit and said she would suggest after the trail I should try Botox. I can't be on Botox right now because of the trial conditions.

Anyways, after a bit of a physical exam and case history, I signed a commitment form and now wait for a call for an echocardiogram to see if I have a hole. I keep a detailed diary, before and after the proceedure. There is no blindfolded placebo so you either get the implant or you don't and there are not pyschological games.

She was a very nice lady. So now I wait.
Enigma
Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post  Mini Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:38 pm

I am so glad that you had a positive experience, and some more other options, as well.
It is always good to try something new. Hope you will not have long to wait.
Mini
Mini

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down