migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

unpleasant emotions causing migraine?

2 posters

Go down

unpleasant emotions causing migraine? Empty unpleasant emotions causing migraine?

Post  lentils Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:35 pm

I just had a two hour heated discussion with someone, recalling some unpleasant experiences I've had over the past 5 years. As soon as I hung up I felt dizzy and felt a migraine coming on. Prior to that I felt okay. I am fairly sure this caused a migraine. Awhile ago I participated in a psychological test that required me to write 3 paragraphs about 3 situations that made me angry. That caused me to have a migraine. Has anyone had a similar experience? I wasn't actually angry ( at least I thought I wasn't) just recalled being angry.
I planned to go out today, but now I am stuck in the house nursing this awful headache.Sad

lentils

Back to top Go down

unpleasant emotions causing migraine? Empty Re: unpleasant emotions causing migraine?

Post  Migrainegirl Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:08 pm

Stress can certainly trigger a migraine, which a two hour heated discussion would qualify for. I've had headaches start up after arguing with my husband (not heated arguments, just the usual disagreement over something.). Basically I think this taxes our mental capacity which brings it on. Also anything with even slightly raised voices can get to me due to the hyperaccusis aspects of my condition. So people with loud voices, even perfectly pleasant people, can trigger one.
Migrainegirl
Migrainegirl

Back to top Go down