migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bad new year

+5
30yrsofheadache
Greeneyes
Ruth
Paradox
Billy Ray
9 posters

Go down

Bad new year Empty Bad new year

Post  Billy Ray Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:56 pm

We had a big temp change that started Thursday. So by the afternoon terrible cluster -- went to ER very sick and in worst pain ever. Was treated but still felt sick -- should have stayed. By the time I got home thought the pain would soon break and all would be well. But could not sleep still pain above 10 and very sick. So around noon Friday we went back. This time I was much worse -- just get inside and we all got moved to an inner room because of tornado coming. I could not walk and was throwing up when there was nothing to come up.
Was glad to see ER Dr was the head of ER and he knows me well. He got the sickness stopped but the head pain was still bad. But after about 6 hours felf well enought to go home. This time I could sleep but my dreams were nightmares and every time I would wake the pain was so bad. So just about 1 hour ago the pain has started to break. I can almost cry because this last time was so bad for me.
Clusters and migraines are all about pain. True deep pain. And I know there are so many people who have it so much worse than I do. So I pray for you alll. I pray for me. I pray someday they find a safe way to control pain. So that is my new years wish. A cure for pain.
Billy Ray
Billy Ray

Back to top Go down

Bad new year Empty Re: Bad new year

Post  Paradox Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:45 pm

The weather change here was rough wasn't it, Billy Ray? I'm a little further south than you. Yesterday was almost 60 degrees with tornado warnings. Today it was 20 degrees. It was very hard on my head yesterday.

Today I just slept all day so I escaped most of the monster.

I'm sorry you had such a tough day but glad you got decent treatment at the ER. That makes all the difference, doesn't it?
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Ruth Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:37 pm

I'm so sorry you had such a bad one yesterday Billy Ray and I hope you're feeling much better today and that you don't ever get another one like that.
It's bad enough having to go to the hospital but having to be shipped to another room when you're feeling so rough, I can't imagine. I'm so thankful I don't get those dreadful 'ER visit' ones now.

Take care, hope the rest of 2011 is kind to you. Smile

Ruth

Back to top Go down

Post  Greeneyes Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:44 pm

Praying, that you feel better soon Billy Ray...I'm just worried about all of you who get tornadoes as well..Praying, for protection in every way.

Bless you
Greeneyes
Greeneyes

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:59 am

Greeneyes,

This was so atypical for us this time of year. A community about 35 miles from us had 5 houses destroyed. This just doesn't happen in December! Question

I don't know about you Billy Ray, but the pressure changes with tornado weather are miserable. We usually escape it at Christmas time.
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  30yrsofheadache Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:07 am

Billy Ray, I am sorry you are starting out the year feeling so badly! I think all this crazy weather is bad for most of us. Luckily, I live in an area with few tornados, hurricanes, etc. But, we do get a lot of changing weather. It bothers my daughter and I a lot. When we do get extreme storms like tornados I usually end up in the ER.

I recently had head pain like yours with more pain and vomiting than I can remember in the 39 years I have had migraines. No idea why, I have been hoping for some reprieve as hormones change. No luck so far.... I hope your cluster does not return any time soon. Sounds like you get good care at the ER, at least.
Hugs,
Cindy
30yrsofheadache
30yrsofheadache

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Ray Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:13 am

Thanks for the posts. I will say I do have a great ER.They are Drs that are up to date about migraines. I have a contract with ER and Drs that do not know me do honor it. Also my work place - Caterpillar- is great. I have FML and can miss work when I need to. All that is fine but I hate using this because it means I have the pain.
Billy Ray
Billy Ray

Back to top Go down

Post  lesherb Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:37 pm

So sorry to hear about your recent ER visit, Billy. I am so glad you have such wonderful medical care but wish you didn't suffer so much. Do you still have access to O2 at home? (I think you used to, anyway). Does it help anymore?

Wishing you more pain free time in 2011.
£eslie
lesherb
lesherb

Back to top Go down

Post  sherri b Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:27 pm

Billy Ray,

So sorry for your pain and misery.. I get migraines everyday, but not clusters! I have heard they are horrible.

I have toridal injections I can use for the vicsious ones, and that has kept me out of e.r. for over a year now.

I am very grateful for medication available to us. But I want to see the Lord heal me, and you and others on here!

I agree with you in prayer for a safe cure!

Blessings in the New Year to you and your family!

Sherri B!
sherri b
sherri b

Back to top Go down

Post  Mianna Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:23 am

Oh BillyRay......so sorry to stop in here and read that you had such an awful attack. I am sorry you suffer so violently it seems with the clusters. I am thankful too for your good ER and treatment.....small things....BIG things.......

Praying times will be better in the coming weeks.......

Supporting You.
Mianna
Mianna

Back to top Go down

Post  crt Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:30 pm

Billy Ray, I am so sorry about your suffering. I'm hoping that this episode is it for the year and the rest of 2011 will be pain free!

Chris
crt
crt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down