migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

There are good Neuros out there!

+2
Paradox
30yrsofheadache
6 posters

Go down

There are good Neuros out there! Empty There are good Neuros out there!

Post  30yrsofheadache Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:23 am

Not too long ago, My daughter, Zoe's Neuro left the practice. Not a great loss as he was not Dr. of the year material. At the last visit he told us we had tried almost everything available and were running out of options! She is only 17. So, we got the NP there to refer us to another place. I had heard of the Dr.'s there as it is a headache clinic. They have a good rep., but where it is located is often in bad traffic

So, I made an appt not expecting much. First we saw the NP since the Dr. was handling an energency. She was very young and Zoe really liked her. The Dr. came in after a while and WOW, He was fantastic. He described how migraines work (with pictures he drew), how all the different classes of meds work, how triggers work and can stack up.

Very in depth, even though he knew we had a good understanding of migraine. He was very sympathetic and intuitive and had loads of ideas. He strarted her on Flexeril at night, Reglan and gave samples of 2 triptans. He is unsure that she really has Hemiplegic migraine. So, none of those worked for her ongoing headache. After 4 days, I called back and they fit us in at the end of the day on Friday for an IV treatment. Her head pain went from 7 to 1.

He also gave us a Medrol taper pack RX, just in case it comes back. They were so patient and concerned, I almost cried. If you are unhappy with your Neuro, keep looking. I have been to 7 or 8 and never had good care. If I need another one, I will go there. Best Christmas gift ever!
Hugs,
Cindy
30yrsofheadache
30yrsofheadache

Back to top Go down

There are good Neuros out there! Empty Re: There are good Neuros out there!

Post  Paradox Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:18 am

Cindy,

I'm so happy for you. What a great Christmas present! Having faith in your Dr. means everything.

santa
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:35 am

It sure does mean everything, and it is horrible to feel alone in this.

Happy for you Cindy. Great news... cheers

pen

Back to top Go down

There are good Neuros out there! Empty neuro

Post  dawn.binks Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:51 pm

am very happy cindy for you! i am very very blessed to have a good neuro too and could never repay him for what he has done for my family. sometimes the word thank you doesnt feel enough to express your gratitude yet i know to him it is. happy christmas!
dawn.binks
dawn.binks

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:52 pm

I know you feel in good hands Dawn. I wish I did too....

P

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  AZgirl Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:12 pm

Wonderful news. I, too, think highly of my neuro and his practice.
AZgirl
AZgirl

Back to top Go down

Post  VickiG Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:01 am

What great news! I can second the fact that there really are some great neuros out there. My own is the most wonderful doctor in the world! I adore her! And I'm really glad that she is young and has very young sons (early elementary school), so she won't be retiring any time soon!
VickiG
VickiG

Back to top Go down

Post  30yrsofheadache Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:57 am

Wow, I guess there are more good ones than I thought! I am so happy for all who have found someone they trust. My PCP is wonderful and has been treating my migraines for many years. It does present some issues when I go to the ER. They always ask who my Neuro is. I usually say I saw 6 or 7 and they couldnt help me.
Cindy
30yrsofheadache
30yrsofheadache

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down