migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Daily Activity Log

3 posters

Go down

Daily Activity Log Empty Daily Activity Log

Post  Hannah Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:21 am

Good Morning All...

Now the LTD insurance carrier wants me to complete a Daily Activity Log, any suggestions on what not to write, and perhaps what I should include. I don't want to lie but...I know how they can turn things around and catch you..

I also have read, that if they ask you to do this kind of thing they are generally watching you with surveillance, does anyone know if this is true? I have absolutely nothing to hide, but I know their main goal is to try and catch you in something that could destroy ones case?
Hannah
Hannah

Back to top Go down

Daily Activity Log Empty Re: Daily Activity Log

Post  Migrainegirl Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:14 pm

How long do you have to complete it for?

They will look at your ability to do daily activities. Go to the grocery store, drive, cook dinner. If you do these things, why can't you work? You need to document how many hours/day you are in pain and/or unable to do much but lie in bed. Be careful, they will come back on obvious things like were you able to take care of your child? Walk your dog, etc...?

As for surveillance, I doubt there is a camera outside your door. But they will check obvious things like credit card use, travel etc... Anything that can be easily traced. If really suspicious they could have someone ready to tail you leaving the house. But I think that is rarer.

Ask your lawyer before you fill out anything. They are not your friend.
Migrainegirl
Migrainegirl

Back to top Go down

Daily Activity Log Empty Daily activity log

Post  rileyoday Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:14 am

I would not fill it out unless required by a judge. If you do be very brief. We people here know how hard it is to do anything but that wont translate well when you say did load of laundry , empty dishwasher, made bed. That wipes me out. They will say " she can be a maid. "

Survelliance is for the cases they think someone is faking injury. Your simply saying MOST of the time I cant do things.

They just dont want to pay. Or pay smaller %. You will prevail. They just stall because they know a small amount of claims go away.

I hope after your award you start to feel alot better every day.

rileyoday

Back to top Go down

Daily Activity Log Empty Re: Daily Activity Log

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down