migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Preventive that was working starting to NOT work.

4 posters

Go down

Preventive that was working starting to NOT work. Empty Preventive that was working starting to NOT work.

Post  rileyoday Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:25 am

I am 60 days into clonodine 3 x day that gave me 50 days painfree. But daily chronic H has returned and two M last 10 days.

I have had other preventives offer relief at first then loss effectiveness. none gave me this relief for this length of time..all those were increased in dose and frequency daily till i quit them. Once they cease to help they seem to make DCH worse.

After 6 years I know my daily routine has not changed , and my new script worked right away, I want those days back.

Also each dose is 6 hours apart and I HAVE to sleep 1 hour after dose. A dose will stop DCH so it has to be every 5-6 hours .

Tell me about your preventive stop working and ANNYY ideas ?? Thank You

SO NOW IM 80 days on this with just 2 M and 5 headaches..... hoping for alot more

Last edited by rileyoday on Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:11 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add update)

rileyoday

Back to top Go down

Preventive that was working starting to NOT work. Empty Re: Preventive that was working starting to NOT work.

Post  LG Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:32 am

I just started topamax. For a month it was working alright, not as well as yours, but hey
it was still doing good! I go to get my refill and two days after taking it, BAM i'm getting worse
migraines a lot more. I noticed immediately that the pills are different. I double checked,
they are definitely topiramate, but apparently there can be all sorts of different generics out
there. I think the generics I took originally worked a whole lot better for me. This generic
is working horribly.

Maybe check out the labels on the pills? It can take a few days, even a week for you to notice
a change after a refill. The pills might look the same but could be different. If that's the case
it would be an easy fix. I hope it is.

Just a thought...
LG
LG

Back to top Go down

Preventive that was working starting to NOT work. Empty Re: Preventive that was working starting to NOT work.

Post  pen Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:09 am

Do any of these preventatives really work long term?
I never got anything out of the ones I tried except headache.
And lots of side effects.
We need a medicine made for migraines I think, not borrowed from other conditions.....

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  hpilgrim Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:26 am

The first time I took Neurontin (several years ago now) it worked for 18 months...

Now IF it works, it plays out after maybe 4 weeks or so.

My head is very adept at getting around meds--- Crying or Very sad

Holly
hpilgrim
hpilgrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down