migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Improvised Explosive Device (IED)

+2
CluelessKitty
Hal
6 posters

Go down

Improvised Explosive Device (IED) Empty Improvised Explosive Device (IED)

Post  Hal Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:53 pm

I feel as if someone just set off an IED inside my head.
A bright flash of light, ringing in my ears, stabbing pain behind my eyes, and it feels as if the right side of my head was blown off. I went to the bedroom mirror and checked. No, it is still there. I reached up and touched it to make sure and my hair hurts. It all lasted less than a second.

As the smoke cleared, I sat in my Orthopedic Chair and leaned back to contemplate where the meteor had landed. It had to be a stray from the Orionids. They peak tomorow around 5 am. No hole in the roof and no big rock on the floor. Rats, I thought at least I could get rich selling the Platinum from outerspace.

The pain is subsiding into a dull pounding. No interesting light show. I took some real drugs and should be sleeping in about an hour. Wait, why am I wide awake? I remember, I took the drugs about three hours ago. What a nightmare! At least the Intercranial Explosive Device was just a dream. Still have a mild migraine, but no IED.

Guess I will get a cup of coffee. Ouch! stubbed my toe. Who left that big rock in the hall?

Hal

Last edited by Hal on Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Hal
Hal

Back to top Go down

Improvised Explosive Device (IED) Empty Re: Improvised Explosive Device (IED)

Post  CluelessKitty Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:16 pm

Oh gosh, seems like Klingons has landed in your head?

Sorry you are in pain, Hal. From head to toe, looks like Crying or Very sad
Hope you'll be better soon.

Risa
CluelessKitty
CluelessKitty

Back to top Go down

Post  Anna's Mom Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:22 am

That was good, Hal (the pain isn't good, but the story was).

Cheryl
Anna's Mom
Anna's Mom

Back to top Go down

Post  HeelerLady Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:15 am

Hal,

Mine come on in the night so I wake up with things. I can't imagine living through that.

Glad you have a sense of humor about it - I can relate (at least to the hair hurting).

I'm supposed to be on a "break day" but I woke up and things are moving! Tried looking at my clock and it kept sliding to the left. Looked at one of the dogs on the floor and she was sliding towards me. Rats! I wonder if it truly is an M or if its something else since I'm only getting visual disturbances. Question
HeelerLady
HeelerLady

Back to top Go down

Post  Hal Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:04 am

Risa,

THAT's IT!! The Klingons keep trying to use their disrupters to blast a hole in my head so they can escape.

Cheryl,

I do try to keep my sense of humor no matter how bad the pain. It is very easy to get seriously depressed if I let the pain win. Glad you enjoyed the very short story.

Heelerlady,

It isn't an M, the clock truly is sliding to the left and the dog is truly sliding towards you, but only in another dimension. Did the clock ever hit the floor or did the dog ever end up in your lap? I think if I were experiencing those types of halucinations, I would get up and try to go outside. If the ground wasn't shaking or you didn't get blown away by the huricane, reality should set in and a nice cup of coffee and relaxing contemplation of the day might help (unless the sun is too bright).

All,

As for my pain, I do get those sudden explosive onsets from time to time. They almost knock me to the ground and I have to stop and lean against something to keep my balance. They last for a few seconds and then I am left with the dull throbbing pain, sort of like being hit in the back of the head with a baseball bat.

It is now 00:50 am on the 22nd and I am still in pain, but very slowly going away. None of the drugs are really working except that maybe it would be alot worse without them. No more Klingon disrupter blasts. Hoping that daylight will bring a nice day. It is supposed to storm tonight in about two hours. They say we may even get a tornado or two. I hope the furniture and the dog stay put. If the cat looks like the one in Alice in Wonderland, I'll know it is time to get under the bed. Mmmm, I hear the wind picking up a bit.

Thanks for letting me post my ramblings. It helps when the pain keeps me up.

I hear thunder......better shut down the computer

Bye,

Hal
Hal
Hal

Back to top Go down

Post  tecky Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:28 am

Hal, I so enjoy your posts! Your sense of humor really helps take my mind off the pain. Keep 'em coming..... flower

Last edited by tecky on Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:28 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
tecky
tecky

Back to top Go down

Post  Hal Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:50 am

Woke up about half an hour ago. I looked at the clock, but it wasn't sliding off of the table so I guess we did not have any tornados. In fact, I think the storm deflated the weather man's ego and pretty much disapated. The sky is overcast (like my brain) and it is a slow, steady rain with an occasional distant low rumble that makes a relaxing sound on the tin roof. I love rainy days, but I really am tired of these migraines that won't go away. I would rather look at an overcast sky then be one.

Time to make breakfast. I have this wonderful, very lean, maple-cured bacon that has a subtle maple aroma. Two fresh eggs (got them from the hen house in the back yard) fried in home-churned real butter and a cup of South African Kitamu coffee with fresh cream. Time to sit under the open porch and contemplate the meaning of life, sipping that aromatic coffee and watching the raindrops splash in the pond. Relax, relax, relax.

Hal
Hal
Hal

Back to top Go down

Post  HeelerLady Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:57 am

Gee Hal - have room for another? What you describe sounds heavenly. Smile
HeelerLady
HeelerLady

Back to top Go down

Post  wwwproperties Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:20 am

Thanks for the story, I needed a good read today. Take care.

wwwproperties

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down