migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

anyone take trazadone

2 posters

Go down

anyone take trazadone Empty anyone take trazadone

Post  sailingmuffin Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:10 pm

Hi All,

Dr. P, who is treating my fainting disorder recently had me go off zanaflex and put me on 1mg of Klonopin for sleep. I had been on 12mgs of zanaflex, which wonderfully-both for the headache and for sleep. The Klonopin, which I have had before on several occaisions, did nothing for sleep and I woke in pain. I called to ask her about increasing the dose and she did not want to that, so she wants me to start on trazadone. She does not want to put me back on zanaflex-grrr. I remember taking it a long time ago and I had some wierd side effect, but I guess i will try it. If it doesn't work, it doesn't work. Has anyone else had good or bad results with trazadone.

Pain free days,
sailingm
sailingmuffin
sailingmuffin

Back to top Go down

anyone take trazadone Empty Re: anyone take trazadone

Post  30yrsofheadache Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:20 pm

I have been on Klonipin and Trazadone for sleep. It has been a while since I tried it, but I seem to remember at least one made my head worse. For me the side effects outweighed the benefits. I hope they work better for you. The only thing that has helped me with sleep is Phenergan. I take it most nights because I take 1/2 of a Percocet for pain from Lyme at night since I cant take anti-inflammatories. I cant sleep with it, so have to take Phenergan as well. I understand your frustration with meds. Maybe this Dr. will get to the bottom of your fainting.
Hugs,
Cindy
30yrsofheadache
30yrsofheadache

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum