migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who likes Insurance Companies? Not ME!!!!!

+2
alli
02R96
6 posters

Go down

Who likes Insurance Companies? Not ME!!!!! Empty Who likes Insurance Companies? Not ME!!!!!

Post  02R96 Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:34 pm

I've run out of my pain meds, a day early. You think I could get a refill? NO!

My local pharmacist tried to fanangle the system the best he could, but the insurance company would not release the block until 6 Am tomorrow. I even offered to pay cash, but he could not bypass the system to release it. He apologized and said he just couldn't get past the restrictions to release it even with his manager/head pharmacist status. He's a good man so I believe he did everything he could do.

What kind of control does the insurance companies have over our medications? Can we not even use CASH without their approval?

WTF? Suspect Evil or Very Mad Mad confused
02R96
02R96

Back to top Go down

Who likes Insurance Companies? Not ME!!!!! Empty Re: Who likes Insurance Companies? Not ME!!!!!

Post  alli Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:04 pm

It's ridiculous and only going to get worse.
alli
alli

Back to top Go down

Who likes Insurance Companies? Not ME!!!!! Empty Re: Who likes Insurance Companies? Not ME!!!!!

Post  HeelerLady Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:28 pm

that totally sucks! I hope you are okay and things aren't horrible.

I can't complain about my insurance, yet. So far they've complied with everything I've needed but I haven't tested it to go out of network yet... I'm very afraid of what's coming down the line in terms of the new laws...
HeelerLady
HeelerLady

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:58 pm

A couple months ago I had been prescribed 100 pain pills and so I took them at that rate. When I went to get my refill the insurance company said I could only have 60. I had the same reaction. Who is the Dr. here?

By the time the Dr's office got it straightened out I had gone into withdrawal, even though I had been taking them as prescribed. I now have a stash in case that ever happens again.
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  02R96 Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:50 pm

UPDATE - I did the slow burn this afternoon and decided to go back to my pharmacist to have him explain why I could not have my meds. It just didn't make sense to me. I just love this guy...

He said he could try one more approach. So he called the insurance company, and after a "spirited" discussion got me my meds!!!

It's all good. I'm now totally sold on independent pharmacies verses the big retail chains! Very Happy
02R96
02R96

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:05 pm

In my little town the independents got driven out by walmart, cvs and now walgreens. Walgreens was the last straw. They couldn't compete with the prices nor the extended hours.

They were always so nice and helpful.

Cvs here isn't bad, but walmart and walgreens? NUh uh....
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  manyhands Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:06 pm

I know how difficult the health insurance can be. I have 4 pills left and have to save them for my worst migraines due to the fact that I have lost my insurance. I am glad I due not have a a life threatening problem w/out insurance.
manyhands
manyhands

Back to top Go down

Post  02R96 Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:34 pm

I used to have all my 'scrips filled by Walgreen's. That is until a young over zealous employee discovered I had two prescriptions for the same medication through two different doctors, even though I was only using the one doctor's script. Long story short, he caused enough trouble that I had to write each one of my doctors a letter explaining the situation. I later found out I was not the only person he did this to. So...

Once I had all of my doctors on the same page I immediately transferred all of my medications to a small local pharmacy. I can't imagine Walgreen's going to bat for me like the pharmacist did (today) at my Mom and Pop place.

Now when I walk in, I'm greeted by my first name and asked how they can help me today. king
02R96
02R96

Back to top Go down

Who likes Insurance Companies? Not ME!!!!! Empty Insurance company

Post  rileyoday Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:21 am

o2r96 when you get a new script fax it to a canadian pharmacy pay with CC. then take your script to the local pharmacy. Now you control intake. Why should ANYONE be able to control OUR script??

rileyoday

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down