migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nutritionist

3 posters

Go down

Nutritionist Empty Nutritionist

Post  pen Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:49 am

Very quick question to settle an argument on going, on line.

Has anyone consulted a nutritionist?
Did it help your migraine?
Did it help anything.

Please.

Thanks
Pennie

pen

Back to top Go down

Nutritionist Empty Re: Nutritionist

Post  dcook60 Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:47 am

here is the voice of doom, as usual. yes, i consulted many nutritionists and herbalists in my 41-yr "career" of desperately seeking migraine relief.

no, nothing helped. in fact, nearly all supplements in a bottle made me far worse. now, i know the reason for that, and it's that i am highly sensitive to manufactured/chemicalized/altered food and substances of every kind. believe me, it took many many years to figure this out......

i get my vitamins now from REAL food. simple. except not really so simple, when one must eat out with friends and family occasionally. i have to quiz the server and sometimes even the chef about the sources of their ingredients.

since i do believe in vitamin D these days, with all that's written about it, i found a vit. D i can take which has no contaminants. right now i'm taking 5000/day, and may go up to a higher level, when my local health food supermarket has their september 35% off sale. wow, what a sale! i wish i took more supplements so i could spend/save more $!!

as for the food recommendations of nutritionists, i feel i'm just as smart as they are, and can study the latest info just as well. since it changes every week, i'm sticking with a "sensible" diet, including every food group.

naturally, i've gone through years of experimentation with every dietary plan known to man......including vegetarian. i can't be a vegetarian, although i was one for 15 years. some bodies need the heavy protein in meat and eggs.

one must ascertain this sort of thing by oneself, but it doesn't hurt to have some new ideas thrown in by nutritionists, if one can find a person whose dietary ideas are flexible, according to the individual needs. dianne
dcook60
dcook60

Back to top Go down

Post  alli Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:26 am

Didn't help me much either. She didn't tell me anything I didn't already know and the products are expensive. Changing my diet by cutting out wheat and most dairy (except yogurt and cheese) helped me more. I've only been able to help the IBS with diet.

Since I cut out chemicals and preservatives by cooking from scratch and buying fresh ingredients I already cut out the bad stuff.

I think most people can clean up their diet themselves. If you need a coach for support (like I need a trainer so I keep to my exercise schedule) it might be worth it but otherwise save your money.
alli
alli

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:00 am

Thank you. I have been sounding out this Fibro course and they keep bleating on about Nutritionist.
I keep telling them that it wont help migraine, but I want to ask around, just in case it has helped some of us.
I think they are getting a rake off for this, but I need to be sure of my ground.

Thanks.
pen

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down