migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tests came back fine...

+4
Anna's Mom
HeelerLady
Kate
Paradox
8 posters

Go down

Tests came back fine... Empty Tests came back fine...

Post  Paradox Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:20 pm

It's not even showing any inflammation! So why in the world can't I stand up straight?

I know I should be happy that I don't have RA, or SA or any of the arthitises.

I have such a ball in my throat. I watched my mother for the last 15 years of her life in constant pain, going from Dr to Dr trying to find out why. And she never knew...

I hate to think I'm following the same steps.

But, the nurse I spoke with told me not to get discouraged, the Dr. wasn't giving up on me that he WOULD find out what's going on.

Still so much about the human body we don't understand.....
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Tests came back fine... Empty Re: Tests came back fine...

Post  Paradox Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:09 pm

This is a response I just got from a close friend of mine...yes, I'm crying...how do I respond? I know she's not saying it to hurt me...

"well maybe u just need to move around more and etc... I KNOW U u arent active when u get home....now dont argue w/ me.... I probably wouldnt either being on my feet all day but u gotta make urself move and get active.... or ur body is going to b full of pain for the rest of ur life...and i dont think that is what u want.... ok that was my straight talk to you.... done..and it was FREE OF CHARGE"

I struggle to get through my work day and collapse when I get home. She is right about that. Maybe she has a point...I'll try walking a bit tonight.
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Kate Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:19 pm

I don`t get why people say some of the things that they say. I had someone tell me that I needed to get out and walk, that it would help my migraines. This person never had a migraine in their freaken life. It`s funny because if the shoe was on the other foot, people wouldn`t be saying such stupid things.

Kate

Back to top Go down

Post  HeelerLady Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:43 pm

Charlotte,

I wouldn't respond to it. If you are on your feet all day, you are getting more exercise than you realize. It would be different if you were like me - stuck at a cubicle in front of a computer all day.

I doubt the person said what they did to intentionally hurt your feelings but there is nothing you can really say back. They think they know how to fix things but they have no idea what you're dealing with. Heck the doctor doesn't know...yet. I am glad the tests came back negative but in a way you want something to come back positive just so you have an answer. I hope he figures it out for your benefit or you've got a new disease - Charlotte's Ache. Wink

Exercise, I've been told, can help with M. If it was me, I'd try to do it in the morning. Just because there's a better chance of feeling up to it in the morning compared to the evening. If I don't do it in the morning, there's a 95% chance I'm not going to feel well enough to do it later.
HeelerLady
HeelerLady

Back to top Go down

Post  Anna's Mom Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:55 pm

Char, I totally understand. I was pretty stunned when Anna's tests came back normal also. So was Dr. W.

I don't know what to do, except to keep moving forward!

Cheryl
Anna's Mom
Anna's Mom

Back to top Go down

Post  Kate Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:24 pm

Exercise has never helped my migraines. If anything, it can egg a migraine on for me. I don`t know how exercising can help seeing that a m is an neurogical problem. And if it did help, I would be more migraine free.

Kate

Back to top Go down

Post  HeelerLady Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:03 pm

Kate - total agreement with you. It's never helped mine either, I walk for my dogs as long as my head isn't going to explode. It was my ex-neuro that told me to get 30 min of exercise a day. Probably another point on which he didn't know his head from a hole in the wall. Rolling Eyes
HeelerLady
HeelerLady

Back to top Go down

Post  MaryAnneLive Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:16 pm

I can't full on exercise either. If I get my heart rate up sky high my head blows up like a bolt of lightening hit me. My PCP gave me metoprolol to take when I exercise. It helps to keep my heart rate low so I can push a little further. I still don't exercise much. It still hurts. but I do find if I walk around my neighborhood everyday with the dog and my daughter.... my neck hurts less and I sleep better. If I don't walk..... I am stiff and sore.

On the other hand. I know your friend meant well Charlotte. But geesh, don't kick a girl when she is down. I think that people who don't live with pain everyday just don't get it. There is really no way they can. I have had friends have surgery or get a bad back or have something else painful happen to them, only to call me up and tell me how sorry they are that they never understood before and how brave I must be.

So I say to you... you are a STRONG, BRAVE woman who gets up and puts one foot in front of the other EVERY DAY. No matter if your peers would be laying in the road begging a bus to run them over. Don't give up. Lean on your friends if you need it... but don't give up. You will find a way. And they will find out why you hurt and a way to help you.

sending love your way.

Mary Anne

ps. water aerobics is good for me too. I am 33 but I take the one with all of the really old ladies Smile They are a blast and never look down on me.
MaryAnneLive
MaryAnneLive

Back to top Go down

Post  alli Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:00 pm

Charlotte. I'm so sorry your friend hurt you but I am sure she meant well. It's hard when they just don't get constant pain. Since I've started exercising I have alot more energy but haven't noticed any improvement in the migraines. I have to exercise first thing in the morning or I can't do it. The neuropathy in my lower legs gets worse as the day progresses so by 3 pm I am already in enough pain that walking in painful and standing for any period of time is not doable. I couldn't do a job where I was on my feet all day. That is too much for my legs to handle. So give yourself credit for being able to do that even if you do crash when you get home. You are working your legs and back a lot more than you think.

I'm really hoping that as I get in better shape that even if the painful stuff doesn't get better, I will be able to handle things better with a minimum of meds. Since almost every med has done something not good to me, I have to find a way to help myself without or with as few drugs as possible.

If you can walk or do something in the morning when you have
more energy it might be easier than waiting til the end of your day when you are already tired and in more pain. I know that is the only way it works for me.

Hugs

alli
alli

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:57 am

Actually, my friend was being generous with her "on your feet" comment. I have a desk job and find it's VERY important to get up and walk around every ten to fifteen minutes, or else I stove up.

Mornings are the worse for me pain wise. I am extremely stiff and can't stand up straight or walk without a shuffle for about an hour to an hour and a half. I think this is why I was so surprised that nothing showed up indicating any type of autoimmune arthritis.

I feel my best around 1:00 pm. By the time I get home at 4:30 I'm no longer stiff, but at that point I HURT and ache. Usually a headache has kicked in but not bad since the opioids mask it.

So, in writing that out, I think I need to take a break at work around 1:00 and go for a walk.

My friend usually makes me laugh with how blunt she is. And, I understand where her comment is coming from, my sister and I used to say the same thing about my Mom."if she would just get up and move". I also realize that exercise is GOOD for me, but what a catch-22 I'm in.

But, on the other hand, it feels like she's saying my pain is my own damn fault for being lazy....and I've been so stinkin' proud of myself lately for making all the way through my work day (most days) and actually getting a raise year (first in three years).
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:30 pm

Holding my tongue....

My friend emailed me and said she wasn't feeling well and was going to go lay down. I SO want to tell her she would be much better off if she went for a jog instead and got some exercise!!!!!! Twisted Evil
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  dcook60 Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:34 pm

PLEASE DO TELL HER THAT. if she's a good pal, she'll get the irony. dianne
dcook60
dcook60

Back to top Go down

Post  hpilgrim Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:33 pm

Charlotte-
You guys who manage to work are my absolute heroes... I would love to be able to do it, and admire you no end....
God bless you,
Holly
hpilgrim
hpilgrim

Back to top Go down

Post  alli Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:58 pm

That's a great idea to walk at 1:00. You have to find the time of day when you feel tour best to start exercising. Otherwise it is too easy to get discouraged. Here it it 3:45 and my feet are starting to really hurt and the thought of walking or even standing for any period of time is just a big fat NO.

I've had a low grade migraine for the last two days and getting up this morning to go workout was a real test. But I got on my bike and rode to the gym and had a great workout. I feel crappy now from my afternoon pain but I am stronger, better able to deal with all this crap, and I am seeing real improvement in the way my arms and legs look. A bit more definition. Smile which makes me feel better about myself and that makes it a little easier to keep it up.

so do what you can when you feel your best and it will add up.
alli
alli

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down