migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Receeding Gums

5 posters

Go down

Receeding Gums Empty Receeding Gums

Post  Kate Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:49 am

Anybody know what to do about receeding gums? I think my problem began from brushing to hard and getting older. The dentist doesn`t seem to worried about it. I am trying to brush more gently now.

Kate

Back to top Go down

Receeding Gums Empty Re: Receeding Gums

Post  Paradox Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:59 pm

The older I get the more I HATE getting my teeth cleaned. It hurts. I use sensodyne and that helps a little.
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  lesherb Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:01 pm

Don't brush your teeth horizontally, only up and down.

I had crown lenthening done on a molar because of the gum receeding. Sensodyne or other sensitive toothpaste can help.
lesherb
lesherb

Back to top Go down

Receeding Gums Empty gums

Post  dawn.binks Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:46 am

gum recession is also caused by smoking so if you do smoke thats a good thng to stop but yes you do need a very soft toothbrush and then instead of brushing with sensodyne toothpaste you rub it over your teeth after brushing but dont wash it off, another stronger fluoride toothpaste is duraphat which can be sold to you by your dentist or prescribed by him. the teeth become sensitive when the cementum the covering over the root becomes exposed but the sensodyne/duraphat rubbed on a night can harden that back up.
dawn.binks
dawn.binks

Back to top Go down

Post  Hal Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:46 am

You gals must be going to the wrong dentist. I had gum disease which was causing receeding gum line and after several three month interval cleanings and the proper brushing, things got better. I now have very little pain during cleaning. If your dentist is not concerned about your teeth, get one that is.

Hal
Hal
Hal

Back to top Go down

Receeding Gums Empty disease

Post  dawn.binks Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:00 pm

gum recession here tho was caused by brushing hard not gum disease which is caused by not cleaning all the plaque off and then you need the 3 monthly clan at the denntist and the dentist would be right to be concerned then. there is a difference.
dawn.binks
dawn.binks

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum