migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

XMRV in CFS/FMS

4 posters

Go down

XMRV in CFS/FMS Empty XMRV in CFS/FMS

Post  pen Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:02 am

Could someone whose head is not so bad today and not on medication read this and translate it for me please?
Had to take 3rd Triptan in a row to get to physio and am spacey. IBS kick isn't helping either.

Thanks in advance.

Pen

http://precedings.nature.com/documents/4669/version/1

pen

Back to top Go down

XMRV in CFS/FMS Empty Re: XMRV in CFS/FMS

Post  VickiG Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:16 am

Maybe later. At the moment, I can't follow the medical language. Sorry!
VickiG
VickiG

Back to top Go down

Post  HeelerLady Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:16 am

Pen,

I attempted to read it. Not sure I followed everything but here's a synopsis. The virus seems to have a human analog protein. When the body is exposed to the virus it mounts a defense to kill it. Problem is since there is something naturally occurring in the body that shares some qualities with the virus, after the virus is gone, it keeps attacking. Causing an autoimmune issue.

This some how justifies how they can test for the virus and come up negative while still having had it - the virus and it's trappings are long gone but the human proteins still exist. The authors are proposing a possible vaccination to avoid the syndrome.

If I've misread it, someone please correct me. Smile
HeelerLady
HeelerLady

Back to top Go down

Post  alli Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:23 am

That's a good synopsis. It's a bit scary reading how many receptors are senstitised by viruses and apparently keep the immune system revved up long after the virus is gone. No wonder it is so hard to find a cause for Fibro and CFS. The insitgator is long gone but the immune system is still "fighting it" much to the detriment of our poor bodies.
alli
alli

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:34 am

Thank you. Sorry I am old and apparently stupid.....

See this pathogen thing is what the homoeopath guy I spoke with works with and that is exactly what he explained.
And how some viruses cant be dealt with by the body so the body quarantines them (I likened it to Norton).
So this quarantine might keep that one back but it means that defenses are down and compormised for when another one comes along....

I hope that makes some sense, I did say I'm old and stupid..... especially today Very Happy

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  HeelerLady Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:43 am

Pen,

Your just functioning on triptan-brain...totally fried. I can't remember my address, phone number or birthdate when asked after taking one.

One thing they didn't cover (at least I didn't see it) was what to do if you were already affected. They talked about how to possibly prevent it but not how to deal with it if you already have it. I'm not sure how you would. How would you shut down your immune system for one thing without killing it for everything? Might be more trouble than it's worth to eliminate one problem just to have a cold kill you...
HeelerLady
HeelerLady

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum