migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kayak advice - Brent?

2 posters

Go down

Kayak advice - Brent? Empty Kayak advice - Brent?

Post  estre004 Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:51 am

I am thinking about buying a kayak. I've been looking on Craigs List, as I don't want to spend a lot of money. I don't want junk either though. Brent, can you give me some advice on what is important to look for in a kayak?

estre004

Back to top Go down

Kayak advice - Brent? Empty Re: Kayak advice - Brent?

Post  Brent Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:11 am

The canoe I have is sort of a kayak canoe hybrid. I only can tell you about the Sevylor Colorado that I have. You did ask about them back on my post of the Greenland paddle.

https://migrainepage.forumotion.net/miscellaneous-f3/hand-carved-kayak-paddle-t1659.htm

I have several friends that kayak and you want to look at stability, how much they weigh, the amount of cargo room and what type of material it's made from would be best for your needs. Does it have a stabilizer sceg so you can adjust for current, wind or tides? Is it rated for your weight plus the amount of cargo you plan to take along.

FaceBook has several kayaking and canoeing clubs pages with discussion forums and a wall to post questions. They could give you far better advice then I could.

And if you can find a table to help you match your height and arm length to get the right paddle size. I have one at home but I am at work now.
Brent
Brent

Back to top Go down