migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Have drunk habits when on med's

5 posters

Go down

Have drunk habits when on med's Empty Have drunk habits when on med's

Post  Paradox Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:58 am

I just noticed yesterday that when I take my vicoden, I smoke like a fiend. Almost as bad as if I were boozing.

I will also sometimes talk on the phone, alot, which I never do, I'm not much of a phone person. It's almost like drunk dialing. drunken

Does anyone else do this? I wonder why?

I seldom drink, it's not worth the M's it triggers.

Charlotte
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Have drunk habits when on med's Empty Re: Have drunk habits when on med's

Post  LG Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:36 am

me too. all my pain meds make me smoke like a fiend! your not alone!
LG
LG

Back to top Go down

Post  02R96 Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:10 pm

I crave sweet drinks on Vicodin. 2 liter of Pepsi? No problem. Gallon of Ice Tea? Gone.

No alcohol though, ever. A massive migraine trigger!
02R96
02R96

Back to top Go down

Post  Olee Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:06 am

Vicoden definitely makes me talkative. I take one for a migraine and an hour later I find myself talking a bit more than usual. My wife is the first to notice when she turns to me and says, "Well I see you took a vicoden and your migraine has subsided."
Olee
Olee

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:41 am

Probably a combination of the med's and the pain relief! I don't talk very much when I'm not feeling good.

Charlotte
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:01 pm

I'm stubborn...which means, I am often at work with a migraine rather then going home like I should.

My coworkers (gawd luv em) know my head well, and go into auto-pilot when they see I have one. It means they leave me alone, skip the smelly cosmetics and keep the noise down. I'm a bitch when I have one, so they steer clear. (I'm the sweetest person on this earth when I don't have one, so they easily forgive me this transgression). I tend to rebook patients most migraine days.

I'm legally not able to practice while under the influence of drugs, so I have steered clear of pain meds while here seeing patients.....except a few times this last exacerbation...lol.....let's just say it was clear to all that I was on meds....lol (Don't worry, reception cancelled all my patients for those days at my request).

I get very disinhibited on pain meds....not taking-my-clothes-off disinhibited.... but boy-does-my-tongue-flow easily disinhibited.

I've determined not to take them here ever again. I know my coworkers are forgiving, but I'm sure it's no good for my professional image lol.
milo
milo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down