migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oh, no, not again!

+2
jwar
sherri b
6 posters

Go down

Oh, no, not again! Empty Oh, no, not again!

Post  sherri b Tue May 11, 2010 1:23 pm

I am so sick of this, (as I'm sure you all are too) I was doing so good. I am currently trying the Petadolex. I think it is working. I have been having weeks where I only get about 2 migraines. That's pretty awsome for me. But then I wake up this morning with a bad one!!!!

This is discouraging and depressing. The Treximet made me nauseas and so tired, I think it's because I haven't had to take one for a while.

I think it's the weather more than anything right now. A storm just blew in from the west, rain, wind, colder temps.... probably it.

Hey, what did I think????? Shame on me for thinking this nightmare was gonna be over...

so discouraged, as I am sure so are all of you!!

Sherri B! Sad
sherri b
sherri b

Back to top Go down

Oh, no, not again! Empty Re: Oh, no, not again!

Post  jwar Tue May 11, 2010 1:33 pm

Hey Sherri,

Don't get down yet. I started taking Petadolex the same time as you did - inspired by your post, actually. I, too, have been having far fewer migraines with it, and more importantly the migraines that I have been having are lower on the pain scale and go away much faster (in less than a day as opposed to 72 hours).

Last week I ended up having a really crazy aura, followed by my first bad migraine since I started the Petadolex. I felt like you: another remedy that doesn't work! But a day later I was fine again, and since that one episode I've had another week of feeling relatively good. So, don't give up yet on the Petadolex. We're never going to be cured of having migraine, but I think you're going to continue to see happy improvements.

Jayme
jwar
jwar

Back to top Go down

Post  sherri b Tue May 11, 2010 1:37 pm

Thanks Jayme!!

I do feel like it wasn't as bad, it seemed worse because of the medication. When you go without it for a while it seems to hit harder. And you are more senisitive to it.

I will continue the Petadolex. What have we got to loose??? ( but a few bad migraines!) Smile

That's interesting you started about the same time as I did.... cool. and I'm glad to hear your positive report!

Thanks again,
Sherri B!
sherri b
sherri b

Back to top Go down

Post  LizzieB Tue May 11, 2010 2:15 pm

Sorry about your setback Sherri, sooo disappointing when you've been doing well Sad

Petadolex is butterbur, is that right? Would you mind me asking how many mg you take per day.

Thanks
Liz
LizzieB
LizzieB

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Tue May 11, 2010 2:22 pm

My neuro suggested Butterbur. But he did say it might reduce the migraines in frequency and strength by up to 60%.
NOT make them go away.
Dont get disheartened, it sounds as if it is working.

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  sherri b Tue May 11, 2010 3:04 pm

Liz,

I take 50 mg. 3 times a day. This particular brand is rather expensive. But I don't want to give up yet, you're right.
sherri b
sherri b

Back to top Go down

Post  sherri b Tue May 11, 2010 3:06 pm

Yes, Pen, I do have to remember it's not going to make the monsters go away, and it definatly has had an impact on them! I can tell with just 1 month of taking them that it is helping.
sherri b
sherri b

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Tue May 11, 2010 3:19 pm

sherri b wrote:Yes, Pen, I do have to remember it's not going to make the monsters go away, and it definatly has had an impact on them! I can tell with just 1 month of taking them that it is helping.

As I understand it, one month to see some improvement is good Sherri.some . Pleased for you.
I am told that once some resolution has been achieved one may stop taking them until and if, the start to return or worsen.

Have you had any side effects please? I have them and want to start them, but have IBS and gastric problems have been reported with a few people.

Pen

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  Senna Tue May 11, 2010 3:25 pm

I am so sorry about your new pain Sheri.
I am sure it is that storm. Storms are one of those triggers, which we can do nothing to avoid. I find with many other people here, that they are aften the main cause of M.

So, so not get discouraged, and do give the new treatemnt a good chance - some medication take a long time to kick in - so try to get too down, as this will increase your stress levels, which you definitely do not need.
Remember bad days will pass. They will. And we are here, with you.
Senna

Senna

Back to top Go down

Post  sherri b Tue May 11, 2010 4:26 pm

Pen,

I haven't noticed any side effects at all.
sherri b
sherri b

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Tue May 11, 2010 4:58 pm

Thanks Sherri, that is good news.

Jayme how about you....any side effects please?

Good to have a non drug preventative isnt it?

P

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  jwar Tue May 11, 2010 5:01 pm

There are no side effects for me.
jwar
jwar

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Tue May 11, 2010 5:32 pm

Well two out of two....sounds good to me.

Thanks for that and hope you have continued success.

Pen

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  Ivy Wed May 12, 2010 6:17 am

Hi Sherri,
you have all my sympathy flower
after 20 years of migraine made of ups and downs I still have the illusion that I can "win" and get rid of it when I'm in a positive moment. Then, when that hammering pain wakes me up and knocks me down, I feel disappointed and angry.
That's life - actually that's NOT life Sad
Ivy
Ivy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum